account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Music player plays the same track over & over!

SOLVED
Talent
Message 1 of 11
Message 1 of 11

Music player plays the same track over & over!

For about a week now, the 'Walkman' music player on my Sony Xperia S just gets stuck on the same track; whatever track I put it on, it just plays the same one over & over, and refuses to move on to the next track on the album! I've tried switching the phone off & on - nothing - I've tried clicking on 'Shuffle songs in album' - this just makes it pick a song randomly & then play that one song over & over again. There is nothing at all in the 'settings' that could have made it do this, nor that can make this stop. In fact there is nothing in 'settings' at all other than some kind of audio enhancement. 

Help please - it's driving me crazy, I have no idea how or why this started nor how to make it go back to playing every track in turn.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Message 9 of 11
Message 9 of 11

Re: Music player plays the same track over & over!

You will get repeat only when listening to one song and tapping on the album art for that one song.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

Settings-apps-all-walkman,clear data. You will lose playlists. Restart.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Forum Legend
Message 3 of 11
Message 3 of 11

Do you have Repeat one enabled - There's a U type image lying on it's side in the bottom right and if you keep tapping it, It will say Repeat off then Repeat all then Repeat one then back to Repeat off

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Talent
Message 4 of 11
Message 4 of 11

Thanks both

Alexdon - do you mean that this will totally wipe ALL of my music off? Otherwise I don't have any 'playlists' as such - only albums.

Thommo - thanks but I cannot see this icon at all? There is just a little thing in the bottom right that shows the length of the track.

Message 5 of 11
Message 5 of 11

It will not delete the music. But first,check out what Thommo suggested. The option for repeat can be found if you tap once on album art.

Highlighted
Talent
Message 6 of 11
Message 6 of 11

Thanks, but sorry I'm still not getting this little icon in the corner?

If I tap on the 'album art' it simply brings up the track list on the album; there is nothing in the corner. I assume by 'album art' you mean the album cover itself, in 'album' view? If I tap on an individual track this is the only time something appears in the bottom right hand corner, but it's just a thing that shows the length of the track. Whatever I tap on, I cannot see anything in the corner; are you able to send me a screenshot please?

Many thanks

Talent
Message 7 of 11
Message 7 of 11

PS: this is a screenshot of what I see when I click on an album cover - just the track titles; nothing in the corner!

Screenshot_2015-03-04-16-03-09.png

Forum Legend
Message 8 of 11
Message 8 of 11

See this image - The right one - Look in the bottom right corner at the U on it's side with an arrow, This icon controls Repeat

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Message 9 of 11
Message 9 of 11

You will get repeat only when listening to one song and tapping on the album art for that one song.

View solution in original post

Talent
Message 10 of 11
Message 10 of 11

'You will get repeat only when listening to one song and tapping on the album art for that one song.''

FINALLY! Thank you - this was all you needed to say; nothing was clear before! I was tapping on everything I could see, but not on the album  art for an individual song! I have never , ever seen those icons before, so I have no idea how the repeat even got switched on... Thank you both very much for your patience & sticking with me on this! Slightly smiling Face