account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Music app show tags wrong

Adviser
Message 1 of 12
Message 1 of 12

Music app show tags wrong

I have a problem, I tagged manually nearly 200 FLAC files and some of the tags are not recognized by the app and replaced with random ones.

For example I have a lot of "X" artist songs, and one of them is by "X & Y". Now every "X" song is by "X & Y".

Is this a problem with the app or the tags? I used Mp3tag.

11 REPLIES 11
Emperor
Message 2 of 12
Message 2 of 12

Re: Music app show tags wrong

@Tau45

What if you use the Music app (former Walkman app) to download the album info?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Adviser
Message 3 of 12
Message 3 of 12

Many songs are not recognized or found in a wrong album - 80s compilations or something.  And the quality of some covers... :/

The thing about artists doesn't change even if I download the info.

Emperor
Message 4 of 12
Message 4 of 12

@Tau45

What if you transfer the music with Media Go? or use WindowsMediaPlayer to download the album info then transfer the music. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Adviser
Message 5 of 12
Message 5 of 12

I'll try MediaGo.

The album art is ok now, but there is still the bug with the artists. One artist is written uppercase - like in some files' tags before I edited it.

The weird thing is that the Music folder dropped from 6,9GB to 5,05GB. All songs with HR sign before are MP3 now

Adviser
Message 6 of 12
Message 6 of 12

Okay, I found the solution for HR songs.

Again about the artists, MediaGo shows them correctly.

Emperor
Message 7 of 12
Message 7 of 12

@Tau45

Is the issue solved?

Adviser
Message 8 of 12
Message 8 of 12

I re-added HR files and now the music folder size is 6,7GB instead of 6,9GB.

Paul McCartney is still PAUL MCCARTNEY -> solved by editing music info in the app

Queen is still Queen & George Michael, even if I removed " & George Michael" from the one song's tag - i also tried reinstalling Music and deleting com.sonyericsson.music from internal memory and SD. -> I can do "Queen &", removing & returns whole Queen & George Michael, so it's a problem it is recognized as multiple artists maybe.

Emperor
Message 9 of 12
Message 9 of 12

@Tau45

Don't forget to share your feedback with the music developers

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Music/Walkman-Beta-Test/m-p/953659#U953659

Adviser
Message 10 of 12
Message 10 of 12

Hi

I don't want to create a new topic but I have still the same problem. Now I know that the tags are not the app problem because Google Music also shows same thing as Music. Even when I remove all Queen tracks, clear all data and put one track without any tag and download tags in the app, after save the artist's name is shown wrong. I can put there everything but not Queen, for example "Queen." or "Queen  ". After operations I described above it turns to the name I used recently.

Do I have clear the phone via PC Companion? Or Mp3tag is not recommended for tagging FLAC files?