account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Music app - "Other" genre issue

Rookie
Message 1 of 1
Message 1 of 1

Music app - "Other" genre issue

Hi,

I purchased the XZ1 yesterday and I'm getting around to adding my music files. Everything's been mapped correctly from my SD card for the most part, but I have 100+ songs where the genre is Other. My laptop, which the SD card data is populated from, has the correct genres. My old Windows Phone was able to read the genres correctly too. I tried deleting the files and re-adding them to the SD card, but the Other genre came back.

I can update the songs' information inside the app, but 100+ edits will be tedious. Is there a way to update the genre of an album? If I try to edit an album's info, the options are album art, name, year, but not genre. Is it possible for the genres to be mapped over correctly?

Thanks!