account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Music Center app Songpal, Android

SOLVED
Highlighted
Rookie
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Music Center app Songpal, Android

Hi,

I hope u can help me with my issue as I have gotten no reply from Sony.
On a Oneplus 3t, running Android 7.1.1 and Oneplus' skin Oxygen 4.1.7, I have Sony Music Center (Songpal) app installed.
My question is: "How do I add folders to 'My Library' within 'This Mobile'"?
I can't figure this out... and I think just to taunt me Sony has chosen the folders 'Camera' and 'notifications_sound' as the default folders??????
I can not get rid off these folders and I can not add any others. The 'notification sound' folder is, oddly enough, a folder within a folder called 'Zedge' - an app u can use to find ringtones and other stuff, u probably know it some of u. Not the kind off "music" one would like to play with the Music Center app!!!

I really hope to get some help from this forum as it is my last possibility to get any use of the app.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Emperor
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Re: Music Center app Songpal, Android

@Lillezip

Does the app recognize any of the music files that you have stored in your phone? 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

5 REPLIES 5
Emperor
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

@Lillezip

You might want to check this

http://vssupport.sony.net/en_ww/help/

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Rookie
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Thanks uliwooly,

I have been through that help page a million times without finding what I need.

It just explain how to play music on a device but not how to add folders.

Emperor
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

@Lillezip

Does the app recognize any of the music files that you have stored in your phone? 

Rookie
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

You put me on the right track uliwooly. Turns out that I had a .nomedia file in my music folder - deleting the file made the music folder appear in My Library.

Now I just have to figure out how to get rid of the DCIM- and the notification_sound folder.

Thank you uli 

One time poster
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Looks like Sony had pulled out the songpal app from Play Store. Weird.