account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Music 9.1.4.A.0.3 album art issue

Highlighted
Regular
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

Music 9.1.4.A.0.3 album art issue

Hi,
After the last update of music 9.1.4.A.0.3 album art of each and every songs which I have played gets automatically exported in album app.
Any solution for this, Then Kindly revert.
7 REPLIES 7
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: Music 9.1.4.A.0.3 album art issue

can you check the folders where your music files are located? make sure they don't have the cover images in them (i.e cover.jpg)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Learn to take care and troubleshoot your Device here:
Xperia Support by Sony: https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/
Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

Hi @sp2205,

Could you check where these files are stored according to the Album app?

To do so, open one of the pictures in the Album app, tap [menu] > Details, what is the file path for one of these pictures?

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Regular
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

In album, files are stored in internal storage (Internal storage > albumart import) a separate folder is getting created.
Regular
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

@nolramlb my all music files are stored in sd card, and the album arts are exported in internal storage. Even there is absence of cover images.
Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

The songs that you have, are these songs you have purchased online and downloaded to your phone or have you transferred them from a PC? Have you added the cover art before transferring the songs to your phone are have you downloaded song info and cover art in the Music app?

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Regular
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

Most of the song I have downloaded through the phone, few of them are transferred from pc. I haven't add any cover art before transferring songs. I have downloaded the songs info in music app.
Yolodownloads is the folder in internal storage where these album arts are exported.
Kindly note that I have uninstalled the UC Browser..
Please help..
Sony Xperia Support
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

I found some mentions of the folder "Yolodownloads" on another forum. It seems to be created by an app called UC Music which in turn is related to UC Browser so I'm afraid I can't explain why all your album art is stored there, though it is likely related to how the music is downloaded.

A workaround for the album art appearing in the Album app would be creating a ".nomedia" file in the folder where they are located. This could be done through a file manager that allows you to create files, connecting the phone to a PC and create the file that way or by using an app that creates .nomedia files. You could try searching Google Play for "nomedia" and you will hopefully find a few apps that could do this.

Note that after you have created a ".nomedia file" all kinds of media that is stored in that folder won't appear in any of media apps (such as Album, Music, Video) on your phone. You may have to clear data for the Media Storage app (Settings > Apps > All > Media Storage > Clear data) as well as restart your phone for this to take effect.