account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

Music 9.0.0.A.0.1 update

Commissioner
Message 71 of 78
Message 71 of 78

Re: Music 9.0.0.A.0.1 update

@cobbler wrote:
I deleted it as early as I could as I had found the answer and fixed it same as you found aswell. There hadn't been a reply so thought it was ok to delete.

sorry cobbler if it sounded like I was telling you off.

I didn't know the answer to the question, so I learned something from you asking it. Felt it would have been good for question to be publically aired. However, you're quite right too - duplicate posts aren't welcomed I guess.

Regards,

Gary

Rookie
Message 72 of 78
Message 72 of 78

hi;

can i have it in my xperia j?

it has android 4.1.2

and can i update to any other version of walkman? the current walkman in my phone is very simple and also i cant bring the music in my SD card to walkman it take a too long and some time i cant see any music in it.

please help me

thanks;

Commissioner
Message 73 of 78
Message 73 of 78

@saadat wrote:

hi;

can i have it in my xperia j?

it has android 4.1.2

and can i update to any other version of walkman? the current walkman in my phone is very simple and also i cant bring the music in my SD card to walkman it take a too long and some time i cant see any music in it.

please help me

thanks;

Hi saadat

what does google play store say?

Is there an update for the walkman app waiting to be installed on your phone?

The app is now called "Music".

Your device should be registered on google play - please check by logging into your google account (on your main computer) and going to google play. Click on the cog on the right side of the page and choose settings, to check (see below):

click on google play settings to see which of your devices are registered on it.JPG

What happens if you goto google play via your handset and search for the sony walkman app?

I think google play will say if you can install it on your device.

The photo below is when I logged into google play on my main computer:

sony music app - is my phone supported.JPG

If you have only one device on google play, it will say whether your device supports an app (on the app's page).

If you have more than one device on google it may say "this app is compatible with some of your devices". Click on the text to see which devices it will work with.

Alternatively, scroll down to the bottom of the app page - it will say what OS build the app needs (see below):

sony music app OS build required.JPG

It sounds like you won't be able to install the Music app but I hope my instructions help with any other app that you're not sure about.

Regards,

Gary

Rookie
Message 74 of 78
Message 74 of 78

thanks for replay;

i checked what you sayed and yes my device was there, and there was no update for me and also i searched for it and walkman.

the music software was exist but not comptible with my device and no walkman upadate was found there

Commissioner
Message 75 of 78
Message 75 of 78

@saadat wrote:

thanks for replay;

i checked what you sayed and yes my device was there, and there was no update for me and also i searched for it and walkman.

the music software was exist but not comptible with my device and no walkman upadate was found there

sorry mate - you are stuck then.

you either update to a newer version of android or find another music app.

You could try this app (phonograph by Karim abou zeid). It should be compatible with your OS. I use this player too. It's really nice. I think it was developed by this one guy, which is really impressive.

The app supported MP3 tag album art before the Sony Music app did. It might possibly be a little CPU heavy, since it has to load the album art. Go into the phonograph settings and switch on "ignore media store covers". Then it will load the art it finds in your music:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kabouzeid.gramophone&hl=en_GB

regards,

Gary

Visitor
Message 76 of 78
Message 76 of 78

My one major problem that hasn't change since this app was on the market, is that there is no way to manually point to music folder. 

I have all my music stored under one folder where inside the music is stored under different folder labels (about 40GB of music storage) while the application brings all the audio files (like recordings, notifications, GPS voices).

I realy would like to have the option to select the location of my media folder and to visually have my tree folder hierarchy according to my main music folder.

I realy like to play music from this app, but since is messing with my audio files i'm defaulting to poweramp cause they have this option.

Inhabitant
Message 77 of 78
Message 77 of 78

I would be grateful if you could please make the playlists exportable as sometimes my loses the playlist and it would be easier if I could import them

One time poster
Message 78 of 78
Message 78 of 78

Make it available for Xperia R1 plus ..how many times do i have to complaint on different platforms.. I have to switch phone i guess and I will suggest everyone to stop using sony products.