account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Music 9.0.0.A.0.1 update

Commissioner
Message 51 of 79
Message 51 of 79

Re: Music 9.0.0.A.0.1 update

@traveller_cz wrote:

The latest update is BAD. Unfortunately htere is no way going back - only to Walkman - and that does not support FOLDERS.

My music does not show folder pictures (only some), does not show folders in alphabetical order and time to time does not play with SONY headphones (but this is IMO problem of the "Smart" connect.). Any idea when this will be fixed. Do you EVER respond to Google Playstore comments? BTW the Music  is the lowest ranked application on my phone.

@dear @traveller_cz

Do you mean album art does not show properly?

If so, how are you storing the album art? Is it saved in your track ID3 tags?

Have you tried using a different music app? Phonograph is really nice.

You could also try deleting the cache for the MediaStore and see whether that helps. Look under all apps - I think it's called "media storage". Clear data for it and then restart your handset. Your phone should rescan all media.

NOTE: deleting the mediastore DB will mean all notification tones will be reset to defaults, so it would be best for you to note down what ring-tone you have, and what audio notifications you use for SMS, emails, voicemail, etc, before you wipe the DB.

I'd also check all the ID3 tags for music that you feel is missing album art. Just make sure your tags are ok. Mp3tag is a great editor (windows desktop though).

Talking about album art, there is a known problem with android's MediaStore database, in that it doesn't read/store album art per track, so if you have different album art in the same folder, it will only read I believe the art from the first track. It then decides that must be the art for that folder.

Regarding folder sorting, I found that if you name and structure your folders with the following convention, it will fix the sorting issue:

artist name (parent folder)
album title (sub folder)

Another problem I found with track sorting, which has not been fixed in the Music app, is that if you don't have track numbers or you have tracks from different albums, all in the same folder, they don't sort correctly. For example, i download monthly mixes by different DJs. I keep them all in the same folder called "online mixes". Even though my filename structure is consistent (artist - album - trackname+year.month.day) and all the tags are likewise accurate, they don't sort properly in the Music app.

Other than this track sorting issue, I find the music app to be ok. The only thing missing is reading art per track (see below).

Please do, as per my post immediately above yours, join the google+ group for the Music App (link is below as well). At least posting there you'll have a better chance of passing feedback to the devs. Don't hold your breath though! Also, if you do decide to help test betas, be prepared for a lot of bugs and changes in functionality. I personally find though the Music app public release (on google play) to be ok.

https://plus.google.com/communities/102950480733956864546

Alternatively, try phonograph. Really really nice. It's not fully finished but is functionally ok. It's got a very nice UI and reads per-track album art, which is a really great option for me.

Regards,

Gary

PS I'm afraid I have no answer regarding your Sony headphone issue. If you think it's part of the smart sensing problem, having you tried disabling smart connect (it's in settings/apps)?

Maybe try that and see what happens. I personally didn't find smart connect added much functionality that I couldn't live with. Anyway, you might need to manually select what Sony headphones you have in the Music app afterwards.

Enthusiast
Message 52 of 79
Message 52 of 79

I downloaded Folder player and it works OK. Too bad I cannot remove the Music app. Few moths ago I did the oposite thing - becase the Music app worked a lot better but the latest update changed that.

One time poster
Message 53 of 79
Message 53 of 79

HI. Please tell Mr where is here the new application gone folder "Sense me"??? .It was very comfortable and functional!!!
Commissioner
Message 54 of 79
Message 54 of 79

@Yana86 wrote:
HI. Please tell Mr where is here the new application gone folder "Sense me"??? .It was very comfortable and functional!!!

hi mate

it's under playlists Slightly smiling Face

Cheers,

Gaz

Commissioner
Message 55 of 79
Message 55 of 79

How come my Google play store reports I have music app version 9.1.10.A.0.1 yet phone settings report 9.1.11.A.0.1

Is this because I downloaded it from Sony What's New instead of Google play store?
Commissioner
Message 56 of 79
Message 56 of 79

--------------------------------------------------------------
Cobbler wrote:
How come my Google play store reports I have music app version 9.1.10.A.0.1 yet phone settings report 9.1.11.A.0.1

Is this because I downloaded it from Sony What's New instead of Google play store?

--------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah I think so. Your phone's version is the same as mine and google play reports the earlier build on there with me too.

Seems that Google play doesn't have latest version for some reason.

Cheers,

Gary
Commissioner
Message 57 of 79
Message 57 of 79

I found that the earlier version available on Google play store actually works much better with regards to artwork and presentation.

I've noticed that it's best to use an ID tag computer program first such as mp3tag or dBpoweramp instead of using the complete scanner within the Music app.
Learner
Message 58 of 79
Message 58 of 79

I see the top of my music application in my phone latest application for the good song can you please describe what is this.
Commissioner
Message 59 of 79
Message 59 of 79

#
@cobbler wrote:
I found that the earlier version available on Google play store actually works much better with regards to artwork and presentation.

I've noticed that it's best to use an ID tag computer program first such as mp3tag or dBpoweramp instead of using the complete scanner within the Music app.

hi cobbler

how do you mean the google play build works better? More accurate?

Tbh I just tag locally anyway and transfer. Good shout with mp3tag. That's my go-to tagger. Excellent program and it's got scripting support built in (that I've actually used successfully, so it's not too high level Slightly smiling Face ). Lovely and only donateware.

Cheers,

Gaz

Commissioner
Message 60 of 79
Message 60 of 79

@921980 wrote:
I see the top of my music application in my phone latest application for the good song can you please describe what is this.

i'm sorry.

I don't quite understand your question.

Could you maybe use a screenshot?

Thanks,

Gary