account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Music 9.0.0.A.0.1 update

Sony Xperia Support
Message 1 of 79
Message 1 of 79

Music 9.0.0.A.0.1 update

We have now started rolling out Music (former Walkman) 9.0.0.A.0.1 via Google Play.

Full roll out is expected within a few days.

About this release:

Application renamed to Music

New Full player design

Settings moved to navigation drawer

Playqueue moved to navigation drawer

Widget stays in notification after pause. Swipe to dismiss in Android 5.0 (Lollipop) or use "X" button (older platforms)

Mediaserver moved to Settings

Reduced app size

Bug fixes and performance enhancements

Music2.png     Music1.png

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

78 REPLIES 78
Message 2 of 79
Message 2 of 79

Re: Music 9.0.0.A.0.1 update

Let me state that I like the new design before the "walkman rage" starts. Good job.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

One time poster
Message 3 of 79
Message 3 of 79

nice after update

.... but please fix the "pause" button, it works like a "stop" button on my Z3c, this is not funny if you listen audiobooks which each title can be 15 min. long.

One time poster
Message 4 of 79
Message 4 of 79

The new verion of Walkman 9.0.0.A.0.1

Hi all,

The new update of Walkman

Absolutely not user friendly and not intuitive!

How can I view the playlist, which I'm currently listening to?

The previous version of Walkman had a button from which I could directly view the whole list of songs currently being played.

Now, this option is missing....

Another question... how can I create a playlist from a folder?

In the previous version it was very simple... select all => Add to playlist => Create new.... READY!

There is no "Select All" option here, actually there is also no "Multiple selection" option....

What if I want to add several new songs to an existing playlist???!?!??!!

Total downgrade!!!!

Foul language is not permitted

One time poster
Message 5 of 79
Message 5 of 79

After update,cannot connect with Headphone amplifier PHA-2
Regular
Message 6 of 79
Message 6 of 79

Still no gapless playback.

Learner
Message 7 of 79
Message 7 of 79

Hello!

In the operation of the new player has the problem was with the sound. When adjusting the sound effects I choose preset headphone STH-30 sound really get better it's more intense. But after I come out completely from the player, and after a while turn on the music again, the whole power of the sound disappears, although there is a check mark STH-30!

I come back to go to the player to select a preset for other headphones, and then go back STH-30 and once again become the sound as it should!

I'd like it to be corrected.

Phone Z3 comp, Andriod 5.0.2, 

Z3 Compact, Andriod 5.0.2, Music 9.0.0.A.0.1

Inhabitant
Message 8 of 79
Message 8 of 79

Very disappointment and also they remove the emblematic name WALKMAN, lol, the new design of "MUSIC" app are a dirtbag seems like Samsung player or something like that !
I will stay with the last walkman app, compare this screenshot with the new one of "music" app, walkman is a beautiful more than it seems like PowerAMP player

Screenshot_2015-05-27-13-22-51.png

|Software coder | Graphic Designer | Web Programmer |
Commissioner
Message 9 of 79
Message 9 of 79

just a bit of (probably subjective) feedback on the latest build of our music player.

1. obviously there's a reason for this but it seems a shame to have dropped such an iconic brand/image as Walkman. Heigh ho.
  2. The UI really needs tweaking a bit

Examples:

• I know the play queue is accessible from the navigation draw but I don't follow the logic with this. It's not intuitive (to me). I have to remember where the play queue button is - that's weak design IMO.
  • You need straight forward, obvious, simple access to the play queue and playlists (on both the player's home screen and when viewing an individual track). You can access the play queue from the 3 dots under the "listen next" album art but this almost feels like a design afterthought.
  • What about being able to access settings and/or the equaliser easily? Could these not be added or returned to the top right 3 dots on the home screen and the individual current track page? Remember you can't access the navigation drawer from the individual track page.
  • As an alternative, what about consolidating everything into the navigation drawer (i.e. merge the stuff like throw, visualiser, etc) and just make that the sole menu for users? Then there's a single location for all operations. Apologies if there's a good reason for not doing this - I'm not a UI designer.

Regards,

Gary

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 10 of 79
Message 10 of 79

Why sound equalizer is 5 clicks away from main play screen? why visualize, throw and music info are more important than SOUND? Clear audio, surround, dsee... don't really enhance sound, but bass, equalizer do in a personal way.