account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Equalizer No Effect on Lossless Audio Files

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Equalizer No Effect on Lossless Audio Files

I found a problem on Sony's Audio Enhancement - currently I have almost all my music on FLAC (16 bits 44,1 KHz), some others in HiRes audio (24 bits 96 KHz) and some MP3 (320 kbps, 16 bits 44,1 KHz) and I have my Sony MDR-EX750

When I play MP3 or FLAC (HiRes) music with Sony's Music app, all the effects such equalizer or ClearAudio+ works 100%
But, when I play some FLAC (16 44,1) files I have no effect at all, just a plain sound until I skip forward and skip backward to the same song, this is very annoying, I have to manually skipping songs for listen to my music!
Please, bring some update fixing this!

PS: I am on Android 7 and I did a Factory Reset with no results!

2 REPLIES 2
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Equalizer No Effect on Lossless Audio Files

try software repair using Xperia Companion, it isn't the same with factory reset

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Learn to take care and troubleshoot your Device here:
Xperia Support by Sony: https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/
Rookie
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Equalizer No Effect on Lossless Audio Files

Edit: I actually did that, full wipe and Xperia Companion repair with no success