account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

EQ Bug and DSEE HX

Highlighted
Talent
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

EQ Bug and DSEE HX

Hi everyone,
With Xperia X and the latest music app version I experienced several problems. First of all sometimes the Clear Bass in the EQ settings doesn't seem to make any difference at all. Sometimes it works.

And a real problem is that you cannot add bass at all when you use DSEE HX. I leave automatic optimization turned on and it sounds good with headphones after listening for somw time. If I then use my Sony NC31 In Ears it sounds good too but only for a few minutes, then it gets flat again.

So does someone know what I can do? Now it's very unreliable cause the audio output changes or doesn't change by chance...

Thanks Slightly smiling Face
3 REPLIES 3
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: EQ Bug and DSEE HX

1.) what file format are your audio files? if you are using FLAC or other lossless formats, you wont be able to here considerable changes . since this files are already HQ the app wont be able to do to make it better. 2.)try to clear music app cache,. settings>apps>music>clear data. restart device 3.) check sound quality when you are in safe mode.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Learn to take care and troubleshoot your Device here:
Xperia Support by Sony: https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/
Talent
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Re: EQ Bug and DSEE HX

Thank you Slightly smiling Face
There are all mp3s unfortunately...
I just wonder if no one's lacking the bass with DSEE HX turned on and how automatic optimization works if it changes the sound of the same title day by day...
Talent
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Automatic headphone optimization

Hi everyone,

sometimes when I plug in my headphones with automatic headphone optimization turned on the sound is just ok. Then it stays that way apparently forever. But when I remove the headphones and plug it in again it sometimes changes after a few seconds (for better).

Does anyone know this problem and understands how it works? It does not matter which (Sony) Headphones / in ears I use...