account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Duplicate playlists

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 1 of 14
Message 1 of 14

Duplicate playlists

Hi.

The walkman app on my Xperia Z1 creates duplicates of playlists when I sync the device with Media Go. (It adds numbers in brackets after the playlists' names.) I got up to three duplicates for the existing playlists where I added new songs using Media Go. I tried deleting all songs and transfer them to the device again. It worked for syncing twice, now it duplicated all playlists again, even the ones with no new songs in them. The duplicates don't show up on the Media Go library on my PC.

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
Message 2 of 14

Re: Duplicate playlists

Have you tried settings-apps-all-media storage,force stop and clear data and restart the device?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Apprentice
Message 3 of 14
Message 3 of 14

That did not help at all. I've been at it for three hours now, Media Go is still syncing (at 50%) and probably taking up too much space since it now makes double and triple copies of some of the songs. The duplicate playlists are still there and the phone is making a third copy of every playlist. It now also made duplicates of photographs.

It looks like I'm going to have to manually delete all music content (again) and sync the whole thing (again). Given how long syncing takes with Media Go, that really can't be the solution every time Slightly frowning Face

Message 4 of 14
Message 4 of 14

You could manually copy your music and use walkman to download album art.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Apprentice
Message 5 of 14
Message 5 of 14

If I manually copy the songs then I don't have any playlists, though, right? My main issue is with the playlists. (Also, with every OS update, whatever changes I make to the playlists directly on the phone will be gone.)

Message 6 of 14
Message 6 of 14

See this:

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/WALKMAN/Xperia-Z3C-Walkman-Playlist-Issues/m-p/858893#U858893

Apprentice
Message 7 of 14
Message 7 of 14

I have the lastest update, and clearing the data did not work.

I just tried to sync my playlists with MediaGo again, and all the playlists have been duplicated (and my phone's been syncing for over three hours now and is STILL not done - all I've done was moving songs into different playlists; I haven't even added any songs to upload). This is getting seriously annoying. I am really happy with Xperia otherwise, but by now I'm beginning to consider switching to another brand entirely.

Visitor
Message 8 of 14
Message 8 of 14

This is getting crazy, after the latest software update I now have 25 duplicate playlists? Does anyone else have this problem?

Rookie
Message 9 of 14
Message 9 of 14

I have this same problem. Duplicate playlists. I haven't found a fix. Some duplicate lists are empty. Others are valid with songs in them. Go Media is no help. It has it's own problems. Go Media seems to be picking up some of the empty duplicate playlists. I used to just copy tunes to my phone and the phone would create a playlist from this. Recently had a major software upgrade on the phone and this stopped working. Now the phone has deleted songs I've copied. I don't know why Sony makes this so difficult. Why not let us copy in music (one album - one folder - including an M3U playlist), and the phone could pick up on this. So frustrating.

One time poster
Message 10 of 14
Message 10 of 14

Same here. Seriously regretting buying this bug filled pos.