account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

Chromecast Support to Sony Apps

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Chromecast Support to Sony Apps

Been trying to find info on Chromecast support on Sony Apps and there is little or no info at all.

Are you planning to do it? or is it going to be another reason to move from Sony brand?

3 REPLIES 3
Emperor
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Chromecast Support to Sony Apps

Which other brands have their own apps that work with chromecast, I thought only Google apps could work with chromecast. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Emperor
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

It'll be wise to contact Google directly regarding this

https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/devices/chromecast/apps.html#?view=search

also in the mean time you can use Google Play Music. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Regular
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Hi!

This quote is written at the end of the web site @uliwooly suggested:

"Chromecast is compatible with WiFi-enabled Android 2.3+ smartphones and tablets;"

What means Chromecast is compatible with DEVICES and APPs can implement it in compatible devices.

Chromecast support is not exclusive for Google apps as you show in the link, and, as to be able to use the features from SONY (ClearAudio+, and other drm dependant features) you have to use SONY apps, it will be the sony team the one in charge of granting chromecast support to SONY apps. 

Just like the "throw" menu adding chromecast support would be more than perfect.

We can use Google Music, but then our SONY mobiles will sound and look exactly as Nexus mobile, and that's not the point.

SONY uses premium hardware and software, and users pay premium prices for that, so i hope we will hear soon something about the topic.