account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

A question about artist image in music player

Highlighted
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

A question about artist image in music player

Hello, I would like to know if there is any way to change the artist pictures manually. I tried using the automatic information downloader and it just messed up all the pictures in the library

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Demigod
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: A question about artist image in music player

That usually happens if the meta information in the mp3 is incorrect.

To fix this, by fixing the music information in the Music player. To do this, the mp3 have to be playing. Then from the menu select "Edit music info" and key in the correct Title, Artist & Album. Not sure if you have to save first or not but click the Album Art(right at the top) and select "Download from network". Then select the pic ou wanted and save. Note that some songs cannot  be edited due to the copyright info etc.

If the above don't work, download an app that can do that. Once such app is MP3dit. Once installed, just browse for the mp3 and edit the info. 

Highlighted
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Thank you, but i'm asking about artist image not album's. I tried searching everywhere about how to edit the picture of the artist yourself and its about album everywhere, not a single word about artist image

Demigod
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

There can only be 1 image for any mp3. Can't you just replace the album image with the artist image instead?

The album image appear if you have other tracks with the same album name and it already have a cover image.

Highlighted
Demigod
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Ok. I understand the question now. Lemme play around and see if there's a fix.

Apparently while you can embed images for Artist, Album(front), Album(back), Leaflet page, Media, etc in ID3V2, I'm not able to find any MP3/ID3 editor that can edit or embed those other images. However I found a post in a forum that might be what you want. Although its bit more work. Scroll down to somewhere in the middle.

http://www.hydrogenaud.io/forums/index.php?s=553728e588b794f6756fbba480c3d8bb&showtopic=57392&st=152...

Highlighted
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Well I tried the programs in that post and the instructions as well - those are for inserting covers into mp3s and editing the covers yourself, nothing about artist pics. I'm really surprised that only way to change artist picture is to let some program choose for you, most of the bands in my phone aren't famous so the program can't find any picture for them and the ability to do it manually would've been really handy, I don't understand why sony won't let us do that