account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

What's the point of movie creator?

Rookie
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

What's the point of movie creator?

What is the point of movie creator if I can't edit or create my own movie? All it does is select it's genre (weekly,monthly,yearly ect) and compose it's own movie. To me it's a useless app either that or I'm a simpleton and haven't explored it enough to figure it out properly.
4 REPLIES 4
Emperor
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: What's the point of movie creator?

You should contact Sony directly with your feedback

http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/contactUs/

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Emperor
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Google has a similar feature that create small stories, it is indeed a simple video, but its just to remind you on what you did on certain week/month, etc. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Sage
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

@Antman87 I felt exactly the same after I got my Z3 Compact.... but soon after, in February, I made a trip to the beach with my wife, son and his godfather, and after I took many pictures and videos for the day (including pool pictures, timeshift videos, etc) the app created an incredible mix with awesome music and almost perfect selection of my media... I was shock, so I fiddled with the app a little bit more and replace a couple of pics with others better related and the results were simply great...

After that I realize that the app has encouraged me to share those moments with friends and family (I upload them to facebook) since it is extremely simple to use and at the same time the videos are short (around 30 secs) so you will not bore everyone with 5 minutes clips...

On the other hand I do wish it included better editing tools or at least integrated the ones found on the device (photo/movie editor from Album) so we could have more control of what and how it's being displayed...

Anyway I will not post publically my family videos, but I recently made one of me parasailing with my Z3 Compact tied to my wrist! and that one I uploaded to YouTube... Take a look... Parasailing with my Xperia Z3 Compact

Here are a couple of screenshots from the original video...

IMG_20150308_213609.jpg

Screenshot_2015-03-08-21-43-17.png

I love Movie Creator... hopefully it keeps getting better

Emperor
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

@dquilon Thanks for sharing Slightly smiling Face