account arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-down

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Movie Creator is really annoying

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Movie Creator is really annoying

I went to a trip last week and stayed for about 4 days. I took a lot of photos there for three days. And Movie Creator created three highlight movies. I was too annoyed by this. Today I came home. I got a notification that Google Photos have created an album named 'Trip to [location]'. See Google Photos just made one album after I reached home, how did it understand that I've reached home?. But Movie Creator made three..... why?

I'd like to suggest that Movie Creator should observe how I take photos like I took photos constantly for 3 days and after that I stopped taking photos and then it will observe my this action and make a highlight movie. Movie Creator can also use my location (if available) to determine the that I've reached home after a long journey and then make a highlight movie then. Movie Creator can use this things and phone sensors to create highlight movies why make a highlight movie just after taking many photos.........

This is very annoying. Please do something about this. It's very disappointing and annoying and the app becomes conjusted and very disorganized too.

4 REPLIES
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Movie Creator is really annoying

you can choose to disable Movie Creator:

settings>apps>MovieCreator>Disable.

take note that Movie creator and Google Photos are two different apps

________________________________________________________________________________
They say you are what you eat, but it's funny, I don't remember eating a Legend
Adviser
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

No why disable this great app. I'm just giving a suggestion.

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Do you think they will listen? I too disabled almost all Sony applications because there are better alternatives.

Demigod
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Touche, this was the 2nd app I forcefully deleted from the System ROM after Facebook

//----------------- C:\》$ Path- Thyme: .trawler //-----------------Auto-Correct Disclaimer: Not sorry. //----------------- Batteries not included.