account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Movie Creator doesn't work after install

Adviser
Message 1 of 22
Message 1 of 22

Movie Creator doesn't work after install

I know many people are having this issue.  Installed Movie Creator from the Update Center app but when you open it the program just sits there on the main intro screen and you can't do anything with it.  Have uninstalled, reinstalled, cleared cache nothing will work.  This issue is present on my Z2 and Z Ultra, both running latest completely stock firmware from Sony.  Has anyone found a way to fix this?  

21 REPLIES 21
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 22
Message 2 of 22

Re: Movie Creator doesn't work after install

I'm not able to reproduce the problem.

Which version of the Movie Creator do you have and which build number is your phone(s) running on?

Adviser
Message 3 of 22
Message 3 of 22

Movie Creator version: 2.1.A.0.4 - latest version through Update Center

Z Ultra build: 14.4.A.0.108

Z2 build: 17.1.2.A.0.314

Both devices are US retail devices.

This is all I get:

Movie Creator

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 22
Message 4 of 22

I can see that you're missing some dots in the lower part of the app (indicating next steps).

have you tried to swipe to the right and check if you can move on to the next step even if its not indicated in the app?

Do you have several photos taken during the same period of time? If not do a test by taking several pictures and check if the movie application can find them and suggest a movie compilation for you.

Adviser
Message 5 of 22
Message 5 of 22

Yes and yes. Swiping does nothing and I have several pics all taken within the span of a couple minutes.
Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 22
Message 6 of 22

That's strange. I use the same build number in my Xperia Z2 and I'm not able to reproduce this.

I suggest that you try clearing data for the Media storage and Movie Creator application then reboot your phone and try again.

Settings > Apps > All > Media Storage > Clear data.

Do the same for Movie Creator.

Adviser
Message 7 of 22
Message 7 of 22

No change even after doing that.
Sony Xperia Support
Message 8 of 22
Message 8 of 22

Could you please send me your details in a PM, and I will forward this.

Make a relevant topic and include the following.

Name:
Phone nr:
E-mail:
Operator:
Product(s):
IMEI nr:
Build number:

One time poster
Message 9 of 22
Message 9 of 22

Movie creator stuck on the home screen.  there is only one dot at the bottome of the screen.

I have the latest version 2.1.A.0.4 and have followed instructions from other threads which advised clearing data from:

Settings > Apps > All > Media Storage > Clear data.

Do the same for Movie Creator.  

I then rebooted and the same still happening????????.

followed instructions a second time but this time also "force stop" movie creator.  now works.

Adviser
Message 10 of 22
Message 10 of 22

Okay since that I sent that to you there has been a change.  I took a bunch of photos at a family get together this weekend and a few hours later it created a movie.  I could edit the movie just fine and export it but still no other options or screens.  I can't add new images to the movie (not sure if you can even do that or not) and when I open the app it still just opens to one screen, this time the movie it created.

Since it's never worked for me when first installed I'm not sure what options I should have.