account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Movie Creator doesn't work after install

Adviser
Message 11 of 22
Message 11 of 22

Re: Movie Creator doesn't work after install

One time poster
Message 12 of 22
Message 12 of 22

Same here! movie creator 2.1.A.0.4 not working on my z2 Slightly frowning Face tried every suggestion i have researched, not successful.

One time poster
Message 13 of 22
Message 13 of 22

I have xperia z1 and when I click on movie creator icon in album, it says unsupported format for all videos. I tried all options like reinstall etc mentioned here but no solution.can anyone can help.
Enthusiast
Message 14 of 22
Message 14 of 22

I had same issues at the beginning with movie creator showing only one screen and no movies being created.

After reinstalling it finally started working but the last movie was created 2 weeks ago although I took quite a few pictures in between.

Strange...

Adept
Message 15 of 22
Message 15 of 22

It's not a issue it's normal that I have think before but just wait make same photo and you will see magically a video maybe you should wait 1 week
One time poster
Message 16 of 22
Message 16 of 22

Hi all,

I have a Z2 and I had the same problem as everyone else by reading the forum trying to find a solution. I followed all the suggestions provided. Emptying the cache, force stopping and rebooting. Taking a large amount of photos on the same day to try and get this app working. Nothing worked. I figured out this problem came about when I updated the OS to 4.4.4.

I finally decided to factory reset my Z2 as a last resort. Obviously backing up everything before doing this as you will lose everything. After the factory reset. Guess what. It now works without a problem. It sees all my photos and creates small movies without an issue.

Drastic I know. But it works. I think Sony need to investigate this a bit more rather than just give suggestions that don't actually work. As there is an issue simply by the amount of people having the same problem.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 17 of 22
Message 17 of 22

2 versions of Movie Creator

Hi all,

Observed some issues with Xperia Z2 after updating to 4.4.4 so I decided to do factory reset.

Now I figured in settings - apps there are two versions of Movie Creator installed (although only one icon).

Also noticed I can't uninstall movie creator anymore. Is this normal?

Thx
Enthusiast
Message 18 of 22
Message 18 of 22

Do you get notified when a new movie was created?

And out of curiosity can you check under settings - apps - all how many movie creator apps you find? Would you see the option to uninstall? I see 2 different versions but none of them could be removed.
One time poster
Message 19 of 22
Message 19 of 22

I am using Z3 compact and am facing the same problem with movie creator. It doesnt do anything after the startup screen is displayed.

Can Sony provide a solution for this ?

Adviser
Message 20 of 22
Message 20 of 22

I'm having the same issue, no highlights are being created.

When I first got the phone at the end of December, I did get a few movies created.  It created A Week, 2 Days from December 31, Year 2014 and December 2014.

I haven't got a single movie since.  When I look at the app, it just says Coming Soon and the Weekly Highlight always shows 1/3 full.  The monthly and yearly show full with check mark:

Screenshot_2015-01-28-20-45-35.PNG

Maybe I'm not being patient enough, but I have taken a ton of photos each week.   If this was working, shouldn't I see that circle next to Weekly Highlight move as I add photos?

When I look in settings / Apps / All, I can see two for Movie Creator.  The 19.20MB one says it is version 2.3.A.0.3 and the 1.81MB one says it is version 1.3.A.0.11.

Screenshot_2015-01-28-20-46-16.PNG

Is this normal?  How can I get this working again?  Can I turn on a Daily Highlight?