account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Movie Creator and external SD.

Adviser
Message 1 of 13
Message 1 of 13

Movie Creator and external SD.

Hi,

I recently moved my photos from internal storage to the SD card via Settings / Storage / Transfer data to SD card.

After doing so, all of my highlight videos are being deleted.  When I click on the highlight video in Movie Creator, it says some images are missing and prompts to search for them.  After searching, it says none can be found and the highlight movie is deleted.

I see no option to point this app to the SD card and have a few questions about this apps functionality.

1.) Does this program work with the SD card at all?

2.) If I copy the photos back to internal storage, will the highlight videos come back?

3.) If I have my camera set to store to SD card, will movie creator understand this and grab the photos from SD instead of internal?

12 REPLIES 12
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 13
Message 2 of 13

Re: Movie Creator and external SD.

Sorry to hear that you have issues with Movie Creator.

I store my pictures and videos on my external SD card and Movie Creator finds and uses these. I suspect something has happend when the files were moved which has caused the app to not find them.

First try clearing data for the app called "Media Storage" under Settings -> Apps -> All and then restart your phone. It will not delete any of your files.

If this doesn't help, try moving them back to the internal storage and see if that helps. If this helps you can save the videos from Movie Creator.

I would set the camera to store directly to the external SD so that you don't need to move them.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 3 of 13
Message 3 of 13

Same external SD card are facke,buy only firmewareThinking Face

Visitor
Message 4 of 13
Message 4 of 13

I am in the same situation.

How do I transfer the media back onto the phone?

Does the movie creator recreate weekly highlight videos from past photos and videos?

Adviser
Message 5 of 13
Message 5 of 13

I plugged the phone into my PC and copied the pictures back to internal storage and rebooted the phone.  The highlight movies never came back.

One time poster
Message 6 of 13
Message 6 of 13

My wife has hit the same issue and has lost all her highlight videos (and is quite unhappy as a result)
Sony Xperia Support
Message 7 of 13
Message 7 of 13

I'm very sorry to hear that Slightly frowning Face

Could you please let me know which phone model you have, it's build number (Settings -> About phone) and version of Movie Creator you have and i will forward this internally to see if it's something that can be improved for future versions and if there's any solution to getting them back.

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Visitor
Message 8 of 13
Message 8 of 13

Thanks for looking into this:
Model D6603
Build Number 23.1.A.0.726
Sony Xperia Support
Message 9 of 13
Message 9 of 13

Thanks!

Could you also check which version of Movie Creator you have? One way to see this is to tap it under Settings -> Apps.

One time poster
Message 10 of 13
Message 10 of 13

Hi,

I have exactly the same issue.  I move my pictures and videos to the sd card and movie creator is not able to retrieve the files. The application should check both internal storage and sd card storage seamlessly. 

Fortunatly before doing that I exported all the movies, but I will not get the monthly one.I really hope that an update will fix that as it is a very good app.

I use :

D5503

Android 5.02

Build 14.5.A.0.242

Movie creator: 3.0.A.0.6