account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Movie Creator Doesn't Work

Adviser
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Movie Creator Doesn't Work

Hi ,

Running on Z3 Compact, Movie Created does not work.

When I first got the phone at the end of December, I did get a few movies created.  It created A Week, 2 Days from December 31, Year 2014 and December 2014.

I haven't got a single movie since.  When I look at the app, it just says Coming Soon and the Weekly Highlight always shows 1/3 full.  The monthly and yearly show full with check mark:

Screenshot_2015-01-28-20-45-35.PNG

When I look in settings / Apps / All, I can see two for Movie Creator.  The 19.20MB one says it is version 2.3.A.0.3 and the 1.81MB one says it is version 1.3.A.0.11.

Screenshot_2015-01-28-20-46-16.PNG

After the week change and month change from January to Feburary, Movie Maker now shows:

Screenshot_2015-02-03-15-51-28.PNG

I have no highlight Videos.  It seems this app does nothing.

4 REPLIES 4
Phy
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Movie Creator Doesn't Work

Settings, apps, all, movie creator, uninstall the updates on both updates, restart your phone
Adviser
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Hi Phy,

I tried your suggestion and have waited a week with nothing.

The screen just shows:

Screenshot_2015-02-08-09-53-03.png

I have taken a ton of photos, so I don't think it is an issue of not having enough media to compile a movie.  I also tried clearing the application cache.

Forum Legend
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Doesn't work for me either and never has however I suspect that because I have disabled a lot of apps then this is the cause,

Have you rooted or disabled apps also?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Adviser
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

I factory reset my phone due to Exchange / Encryption issues.

Updated all software except Movie Creator and it is working fine now.  I am even getting daily movies if I take enough photos!

Not 100% sure if the problem was the latest Movie Creator or if it was because my phone was encrypted when using the latest movie creator.

Probably best to go with a 3rd party app that does this functionality.  Sony's is flakey.