account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Movie Creator 2.2.A.0.8 update

Sony Xperia Support
Message 11 of 16
Message 11 of 16

Re: Movie Creator 2.2.A.0.8 update

To search for updates, go to Settings -> About phone -> Software update and then tap the refresh icon at the top.

If that doesn't help, try clearing data for the app called "Update Centre" under Settings -> Apps -> All and then search for updates again.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Sage
Message 12 of 16
Message 12 of 16

Hello Rickard,

Ever since Movie Creator made my 3rd Highlight, I have been LOVING this app, and it encourage me to edit and share my good moments.

However, I can't find a way to ADD photos or videos to the Highlight that's being edited... I am able to REPLACE them for a different one, but if I happen to delete from playback, I lose that particular "spot" for additional files...

For example, if I take a highlight and delete all but 1 file, then I am only able to replace said file for another one, and I will end up with a 30 seconds picture (or a simple crop from a video)..

Is there a way to manualy add more pictures or video within the aproximated time limit of 30 seconds?

Also, I recently made a, relatively, long video of 5 minutes, and the newest highlight took several portions of the video (at different timelines) and used them as separate files for the highlight, and it was awesome, but if I select the same long video file for several spots, it will only take the same crop playback for each, and there is no way to select what part of the video file I would like to show. Any ideas?

Sony Xperia Support
Message 13 of 16
Message 13 of 16

Glad to hear that you love the app smile happy

I'm afraid the information i have says that it's currently not possible to do that but i'll forward your feedback.

One way of getting the part of the video you want is to first select it in album and then trim it there using the movie creator app that's accessible from album and then select the file you have trimmed.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Message 14 of 16
Message 14 of 16

Re the bit about adding rather than swapping images ... I'd also like the ability to create my own; eg. I sometimes to trips that span a couple of weeks/months ... would be good to set start/end dates & then edit from within that. 

One time poster
Message 15 of 16
Message 15 of 16

Movie creator downloads then fails to install, I really don't know what to do anymore, my Sony z3 is new and it doesn't want to uninstall it
One time poster
Message 16 of 16
Message 16 of 16

Hi, it's a good app, too bad we can't choose our own duration for the movies.

Hope you add this at the next update.

See you