account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Import pictures and videos

Adept
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Import pictures and videos

Hi.

I noticed that since I deactivated the "Video" app in my Xperia Z1 Compact (running stock Android 5.0.2), the Movie Creator app doesn't include videos in the created videos, and if I try to edit a created one  and replace a photo with a video I get a failure message. That's apparently because those two apps are connected and the Movie Creator uses the Video app to import videos. That didn't happen in the past.

Could you please make the Movie Creator import videos in some other way, so it's not depended on the Video app? It should have its own mechanism of importing photos and videos, like most other apps do.

1 REPLY 1
Emperor
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Import pictures and videos

Both are Sony's apps which makes sense that Sony wants you to use their apps, but you should contact Sony directly with your suggestion

http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/contactUs/

@Vasilis_K

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)