account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

The 8GB model storage only has only 1.5 GB free

Highlighted
Message 101 of 141
Message 101 of 141

Re: The 8GB model storage only has only 1.5 GB free

Out of all, Sony is one of the companies that keeps it as stock as possible.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 102 of 141
Message 102 of 141

Oh and a little fun fact. This little information comes from the official M4 Aqua xperia care site:
When installing an app, you can choose to install it on either the internal storage or the memory card. If the internal storage is full while the memory card has a lot of available space, it is a good idea to install apps on the memory card.

What about that?
It seems this option, or something is amiss here.
Highlighted
Message 103 of 141
Message 103 of 141

I have forwarded this and hopefully that will be edited.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Inhabitant
Message 104 of 141
Message 104 of 141

Does Marshmallow fix this?

Highlighted
Message 105 of 141
Message 105 of 141

Marshmallow will be a little different. SD card will be for media only but you can also merge it to internal memory to be able to install apps, but in that case the card won't be available for media files.

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 106 of 141
Message 106 of 141

Well You can store media files there too, just as in internal storage. When will the M4 Aqua get the Marshmallow update?
Highlighted
Adviser
Message 107 of 141
Message 107 of 141

And Yes if they edit it that will probably help my issues...
I swear it's like a joke against me.
Highlighted
Message 108 of 141
Message 108 of 141

From what I have read, external memory will be for media and internal for apps. We will see.

There is no exact date for when the aqua will get the device.

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 109 of 141
Message 109 of 141

Got this phone, it looks nice but its storage is dissapointing. My question/issue is when i move photos videos to my external card and then I use Sony Pc app to move them to pc, the pc companion does not find any pictures or videos. Same issue with Picasa cannot find any pictures. So I have to manually move them to pc..
Why Sony PC Companion cannot locate and move photos to pc?
Also photos in sdcard are stored in DCIM/100Andro and if you use internal space its using DCIM/Camera is this normal?

PS. I also use Picasa to transfer photos videos with my older phone but Picasa cannot find any new photos/video or photos/video at all neither Nikon View NX2 neither Windows10 photo app....

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 110 of 141
Message 110 of 141

@DiTzev

could you test a different computer?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)