account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

SD card gets corrupted after Marshmallow update

SOLVED
Highlighted
Learner
Message 1 of 77
Message 1 of 77

SD card gets corrupted after Marshmallow update

Since Marshmallow (6.0) update on my Xperia M5 Dual SD card showing corrupted. but previously it was working fine on the lollipop.
after formatting the SD card in the safe mode, Phone detected the SD card.

but i cant copy paste anything into it.

when i use camera (data storage is set to SD card)  pics are not saving on SD card, it is showing "There is some problem with your data storage"

I checked the SD card it is working in all other phones.
Any solution Please ..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Adept
Message 49 of 77
Message 49 of 77

Re: SD card gets corrupted after Marshmallow update

New Update today 
30.2.A.1.21 from 30.2.A.0.110 maybe the problem will be fixed

Dual Sim 30.2.B.1.21

https://xpericheck.com/device/E5603 

https://xpericheck.com/device/E5633

View solution in original post

76 REPLIES 76
Highlighted
Message 2 of 77
Message 2 of 77

Re: Marshmallow SD card issue

You might need to reformat the card in your xperia.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 3 of 77
Message 3 of 77

Same exact issues here. I got 2 sd card 32 and 64GB class10 not working..Regreting the marshmallow updates.
Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 4 of 77
Message 4 of 77

same with me 

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 5 of 77
Message 5 of 77

I have the same problem.

I formatted the sd-card and restarted. It help for a while but same problem arrived later.

I tought that the problem was with sd card so I replaced that. After few hours same problem appeared also so with the second sd-card.

Learner
Message 6 of 77
Message 6 of 77

same issue here. SD card crash often photos and videos gone. Regret for marshmellow update. sony.....

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 7 of 77
Message 7 of 77

sony m5 sd card corrupted

even I am facing the same problem. After updating my mobile 3 weeks back, already the SD card has got corrupted 5 times. Full of problems. Lot of data loss..
Highlighted
Regular
Message 8 of 77
Message 8 of 77

Android 666.0

I have to say, when I got this phone I was pumped, when I found out Marshmallow was coming to this handset, I was excited, but boy did reality knock me down with a crash landing.

It has been an absolute nightmare.  First, and I know a lot of you have had this issue, my sd card was shown as "corrupted" (by the way, use check disk on PC via Command Prompt with "chkdsk [Drive Letter]: /f", using a card reader, of any sort).  Secondly, a couple of widgets I have been using, including a Walkman widget (as the current iteration from Music is a complete and utter piece of crap), no longer works.

For god sakes, Sony, sort it out, cos this is just not good enough....

Highlighted
Regular
Message 9 of 77
Message 9 of 77

Re: sony m5 sd card corrupted

Use check disk on Command Prompt, using a card reader....

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 10 of 77
Message 10 of 77

Re: sony m5 sd card corrupted

@zed68

Seems like a faulty SD card 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)