account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Not able to see the File Commander menu on my Sony Experia M

SOLVED
Highlighted
Rookie
Message 1 of 11
Message 1 of 11

Not able to see the File Commander menu on my Sony Experia M

Probably my daughter deleted the menu. I am not sure if she uninstalled it by any chance. 

How can i get back the file commander meny on my Experia? I do not want to install other file commanders from Playstore which are not original from Sony.

Thanks

Ramanant

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Message 8 of 11
Message 8 of 11

Re: Not able to see the File Commander menu on my Sony Experia M

Use other file explorer,see if it suits you.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

File Commander cannot be uninstalled,it can just be disabled.Go to settings-apps-all-look for it and enable.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 3 of 11
Message 3 of 11

I am not able to see File Commander if I Go to settings-apps-all. Face with rolling EyesIt is not listed there.

Highlighted
Message 4 of 11
Message 4 of 11

But are you sure that your M had it on 4.3?I know that 4.4.2 has the commander,but as far as I know,4.3 does not have it.

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 5 of 11
Message 5 of 11

You can get File Commander HERE

Also,

1. Xperia M came with File Commander since 4.1 and CAN be uninstalled

2. It's not made by Sony, it's made by Mobile Systems, Sony just preinstalled it.

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 6 of 11
Message 6 of 11

Yes, I am sure that my Experia M had it on 4.1.2.

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 7 of 11
Message 7 of 11

Thanks, but the icon shown is different on this link than one i had originally. It was a blue folder icon. This one looks different as it has a yellow icon with Fk written on it. Slightly frowning Face not sure if it is safe to install this one.

Highlighted
Message 8 of 11
Message 8 of 11

Use other file explorer,see if it suits you.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Message 9 of 11
Message 9 of 11

One more thing.After a new firmware update,you should get a file commander back.Wait some more.

Commissioner
Message 10 of 11
Message 10 of 11

@Ramanant wrote:

Thanks, but the icon shown is different on this link than one i had originally. It was a blue folder icon. This one looks different as it has a yellow icon with Fk written on it. Slightly frowning Face not sure if it is safe to install this one.

The File Commander was updated and so was the icon. Same app, different icon due to updates from the app developer.