account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

M5 suddenly shuts off every 10 minuts

SOLVED
Highlighted
Adept
Message 561 of 812
Message 561 of 812

Re: M5 suddenly shuts off every 10 minuts

We all are very annoyed with this situation and we all are very, very disappointed by the absence of a proper reaction of SONY. We are aware that we are communication on a SONY hosted user forum, so we all await a reaction form SONY.

Apparently that reaction does not come. As a "hardcore" SONY fan I very much consider not buying any SONY product any more, with great pain in my heart.

For this M5 shutdown issue there is a very well working "workaround" (solutions dat does not SOLVE the issue, but can make that you are no longer bothered by it) documented my NAMA68 on page 46 of this topic.

Learner
Message 562 of 812
Message 562 of 812

I have bought a M5 about 3 weeks ago in malaysia and the sales person told me the device is second batch hence the shut off have been solved but my phone had shut off it self at least once each week. So from now altogehter 3 times already. No any other methode to power it on unless you plug in power source through the charging port. I had done everything from software update to pc software reset everything. I am going to send it back to sony malaysia here to repair. To those people out there who consider buying this such awesomely beautiful looking phone please bare with me the problem is not 100% solved. Maybe im unlucky or what, I do hope sony would improve on the quality of their phone and better support for customers because the phone it self is not cheap and this problem is sooooo annoying. Thank you.

Highlighted
Learner
Message 563 of 812
Message 563 of 812

this method is not work for me,i ask my service provider and he said only use 850mhz,so i disable others

but my dam M5 still shutdown.

I give up, will sent my M5 to Sony :'(

now,I need to find a new one as backup.

Highlighted
Adept
Message 564 of 812
Message 564 of 812

This really is no solution. People having bought a phone via the internet are confronted with the refusal of there local SONY support to even look at the phone  

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 565 of 812
Message 565 of 812

Check out Nama68. This workaround seems to be working for me
Highlighted
Learner
Message 566 of 812
Message 566 of 812

Solution for Sony M5 shutting down randomly

I've been a user of Sony M5 for more than 7 months now. I did experience the auto-shutdown even when the battery is above 50%.  I resolved this by reading from one of the forums online unfortunately the modification will not make me enjoy my internet so much.

Based on experience, the M5 auto-shuts down when your phone's preferred network type is set up to LTE or even on  WCDMA/GSM. As long as the geographical area where you are in has an LTE it will not shut down, outside that area, the phone will shut down and the only solution to revive it is to plugged it directly to a charger which is a pain in the b*** and a little prayer that is still going to work. The solution is..you have to set it to GSM only  (Settings > More > Mobile Networks > Preferred Network Type) so it will work whenever and wherever you are. The downside is internet is slow using GSM. You cannot even get an internet app working properly with GSM. I hope this helps you, most especially the SONY support and developer team to find a solution for this

Highlighted
Adept
Message 567 of 812
Message 567 of 812

Re: Solution for Sony M5 shutting down randomly

Look at page 46 of this topic (post from Nama68). There is a much better (= more powerful) solution than the "GSM Only"

Highlighted
Learner
Message 568 of 812
Message 568 of 812

Re: Solution for Sony M5 shutting down randomly

Doing the changes as suggested. I'm hoping that would fix it. Thanks Bro.

I'll keep you posted. Slightly smiling Face

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 569 of 812
Message 569 of 812

It sony dont mind on fixing this problem they dont have any advice to this problem

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 570 of 812
Message 570 of 812

Same problem with me and going worst everyday rhe problem is that im a sailor and i bougth the unit in fujairah and when we came back the ashole indian man just reset to factory data and it works just good until sailing time