account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

M2 microphone

Talent
Message 31 of 43
Message 31 of 43

Re: M2 microphone

I also have this problem Slightly frowning Face  Every caller tell me to speak loudly Slightly frowning Face

Highlighted
Regular
Message 32 of 43
Message 32 of 43

Got my phone back from secod warranty repair - they told me they replaced the whole microphone and voia - IT WORKS FINALLY. So it looks like it was really a hardware defect in my case (which could by fixed by software).

Now I can finally use my phone to make calls - life is great again ;-)

Advice for the others - take it to the repair (again and again) until they fix it. In our country, they have two attempts to fix the problem (in warranty), if they don't you have right to get the money back (which was originally my intention as I didin't believe they could fix it)...

So good luck...

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 33 of 43
Message 33 of 43

Microphone only work in loud speaker mode not in normal mode
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 34 of 43
Message 34 of 43

My primery microphone does not working properly i have to use head phones to make any voice call,what to do
Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 35 of 43
Message 35 of 43

Cheers for that, I tore stickers of which I didn't know excicted. Helped a bit, but still not as loud as when I purchased the handset.
Highlighted
Kt3
Learner
Message 36 of 43
Message 36 of 43

It works! Finally the issue is fixed! I had been facing this issue for months and I was somehow managing with my head phones. So foolish of me. Hahaha.
Highlighted
Regular
Message 37 of 43
Message 37 of 43

how did You manage to fix that?

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 38 of 43
Message 38 of 43

hi iv been having Microphone problems with my Sony M2 aqua . i sent back for repairs and they told me that it has liquid damage. so i asked for a new spare part and the most disturbing part is that they dont make and this is a waterproof phone im talking about here

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 39 of 43
Message 39 of 43

Hi all, my m2 has a faulty microphone but there is two, a primary and secondary mixrophone, the primary one doesn't work,but the secondary one does, is there any way of enabling the secondary one as the main on to use in calls etc
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 40 of 43
Message 40 of 43

You are an absolute legend👍
I tore off the strip... Perfect! I've not been able to talk without earphones for 6 months!!!! 😂
Thank you.