account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Camera image looks like it lacks details

SOLVED
Highlighted
Visitor
Message 211 of 387
Message 211 of 387

Re: Detailed Software Repair Instructions using Pc Companion(Win)or Bridge for MAC. (Update 8/5/2014

DSC_0025.JPG

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 212 of 387
Message 212 of 387

Re: Detailed Software Repair Instructions using Pc Companion(Win)or Bridge for MAC. (Update 8/5/2014

DSC_0024.JPG

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 213 of 387
Message 213 of 387

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 214 of 387
Message 214 of 387

Re: Camera quality low issue after lollipop updates

That's all from Sony support, Christofer? "There is an ongoing discussion about this in this thread "

No other comment?

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 215 of 387
Message 215 of 387

What we should do, is spam Sony on the social networks. They are right in the middle of a promotion of the z5 flagships, and this kind of bad publicity they will not like... I suggest this:

Sony fix the camera on Xperia M2 that is completely useless after lollipop update. You are embarrassing yourselves Sony. #Xperia #M2 #lollipop #camerabug

It worked for getting them to release the lollipop for M2 in the first place...

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 216 of 387
Message 216 of 387

Hi all, i've asked sony on facebook about our problem.

Sony Mobile - international version - didn't answer

Sony Mobile - Polish version answered:

Sony Mobile PL: We know the problem, our engineers are working on it, patch soon.

Sony Mobile PL:  We do not inform about progress, because we look forward to the results of the work.

--

So I think we have to wait.Crying Face

Inhabitant
Message 217 of 387
Message 217 of 387

@Kolofaza, at least they dint call it an "improvement" this time. guess they got the picture, people are angry.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 218 of 387
Message 218 of 387

Re: New Android 5.0, Lollipop firmware update - [UPDATED]

I'm using Sony Xperia M2. The camera is terrible after the update from Kitkat to Lollipop. If I knew the implication, I would have opt not to upgrade. I use my camera mostly for work. Hope this could be adressed soon. Thank you.
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 219 of 387
Message 219 of 387

Re: Camera image looks like it lacks details

I am big fan of sony.. since 2009.. i have used sony ericsson cyber shot, sony ericsson Cedar, Sony xperia tipo and now a days i m using Xperia M2 and i also recommends sony products to my family members and friends... But after this camera problem in m2 i have to change my mind... no doubt, it happens sometimes but here they are saying it as a improvement...!! really..?? because it doesnt seems like they want to solve this... here i have attached some images, one is before lollipop and one is after lollipop...

Check those images and just think...

This on is before Lollipop...Before lollipop.JPG

This one is after Lollipop...After lollipop.JPG

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 220 of 387
Message 220 of 387

Re: Xperia M2 Camera Blurry, No Details (sample images inside)...

I think the main problem is some of cam filter which was automatically (or accidentally) applied during Lollipop update...but seriously...that was too awfull for 8MP cam...so I hope they can fix that.