account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Aqua M4: Marshmallow update issue

One time poster
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Aqua M4: Marshmallow update issue

Hi there, I'm new to the forum. I would love to see if anyone has a solution for this issue.

This is actually my 2nd M4 Aqua phone. The first one, when I updated it to 6.0, my phone started to bug and I kept getting the blue screen until it shut down by itself. It kept going on until it stopped working completely. 

So I brought my phone back to my provider to get it fixed, they ended up replacing it since it was completely dead. The guy from my provider told me to not update it to 6.0 because it is a common occurrence for the M4 Aqua. 

But now, the problem is, I keep getting the 6.0 update modification. And on the top bar, I cannot hide the update request. Is there a way to definitely hide it? Now my phone is out of warranty and I feel like if I update it, it will happen again. 

Is there anyone familiar with this and willing to guide me on how to remove the update notification? Or even more, did Sony figued out a way if I update it to avoid the blue screen error? Well, since I'm out of warranty, I don't want to update and regret it...

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Aqua M4: Marshmallow update issue

Hi @Phalanx2236 and welcome to the community.

I'm sorry to hear this. There is no setting in your device to disable the notification asking you to update your device. The only way to remove it is to update your device.

As far as I know, what happened your your device the last time you updated to Android 6 is not common but most likely an isolated event. I recommend that you update your device using Xperia Companion, you can read detailed instructions on how to do so, here.

Let me know how it goes.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.