account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Android 6.0 Marshmallow screen overlay error

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 11 of 26
Message 11 of 26

Re: Android 6.0 Marshmallow screen overlay error

Clean master installed.tried safemode and error still exist even in safe mode.z2 user please help
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 12 of 26
Message 12 of 26

I have the same issue with my Xperia z2
Adviser
Message 13 of 26
Message 13 of 26

I have the same issue on Z2 since update to marshmallow also the new stamina mode too so ive reflashed back to lollipop. marshamllow is the worst update ever..

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 14 of 26
Message 14 of 26

I have the same problem with Xperia Z2. I'm so frustrated  -- I've spent the last few days trying everything, inlcuding a Factory Reset. What's more, before all this, my back/home/recent apps buttons no longer work, so I need to use a third-party app to get those important functionalities. Otherwise, I have to turn the phone off every time I want to use a different friggin' app!!! With the third-party app, I could at least use my phone, but this so-called security update has rendered my phone completely useless -- might as well have a 15-year old Nokia. I'm betting that the Screen Overlay error is caused by the third-party app that I have to use in order to actually use my phone normally!!!!! By the way, I don't have Lux, Clean Master or Facebook Messenger, Twilight installed.

Might as well throw this $500 phone in the toilet.

I haven't given up all hope -- though I am pretty close to giving it to my 2-year-old daughter to use to watch Youtube videos, as that's pretty much all it's good for at this point.

Perhaps I'lltry reverting to Lollipop. Any other ideas?

Highlighted
Learner
Message 15 of 26
Message 15 of 26

I only started getting this issue when I downloaded RBC Wallet
Highlighted
Learner
Message 16 of 26
Message 16 of 26

It asked me for certain permissions then came the screen overlay issue. I went through the motions but it was not working. I reset all app permissions and now I cannot access my photos or other apps. I have uninstalled RBC Wallet but still the same thing. I cannot get past the screen overlay now. I have an Xperia Z3.
Highlighted
Learner
Message 17 of 26
Message 17 of 26

Not sure why but I uninstalled Clean Master and the error message stopped coming up.  The issue is probably with this app.

Hope this helps everyone.

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 18 of 26
Message 18 of 26

You've save my life.. It did let me disable the screen overlay once I cleared apps running in the background.. Thank you..
Highlighted
Visitor
Message 19 of 26
Message 19 of 26

Re: Welcome to the Forum, please introduce yourselves!

Hi. I am Leni from Belgium. Addicted to sony since U bought the first one. Before I had z3compact. Now m5. I prefered the z3. The m5 has a really slow camera :-(
Recently I did an update and i get notifications everytime i want to send pictures in any app. It says 'overlay detected' 'open settings' but then when I do, there is nothing to set. Very irritating. Thinking about changing to XA or X. But want to check the microfphone and speakers first. Music video's never have a good sound when you record it with the phone and speaker doesn't go loud enough to call handsfree in the car. All tips welcome ;-)
Highlighted
Adviser
Message 20 of 26
Message 20 of 26

I'm also observing the same issue in M5 dual.