account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Smartband 2 SWR12 and Lifelog

SOLVED
Inhabitant
Message 1 of 15
Message 1 of 15

Smartband 2 SWR12 and Lifelog

Hallo,

Hi,

I have a Smartband 2 since a few days.

I hope somebody can help me:

1. how to set a Bookmark for Lifelog App with the Band? Or only possible in Lifelog App?
2. I really cannot modify some datas later? I.e. still sitting will be tracked as sleep.
3. Music tracking / music player controll ( I do not use the Walkmann App) does not work.
4. What is the Lifelog "Logger". It has to be still enabled to track me on the move?
5. I can't check the batterie charge in the app?
6. do I need Smarft Connect App for SWR12 to use all features

7. no camera controll like the Sony Roxy band?

8. Is there a possibility to improve precision of step counting? Because the data is totally wrong. From 50% less to 100% too much.

I am quite disappointed, that there are not more sports categories. Is there any more planned by Sony?

What about sminning? It is waterproof.

An integration for manual fill in would be nice, like Google Fit.

Thanks a lot for help

Frank

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Emperor
Message 6 of 15
Message 6 of 15

Re: Smartband 2 SWR12 and Lifelog

@fs66

1. you need to do so on the lifelog app

2. you can't modify the data

3. if you use google music or spotify it should work

4. elaborate

5. pull down the notification bar on your phone, you should be able to see the battery level

6. yes and the smartband 2 app

7. I don't have this band to test it

8. how accurate is your GPS?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Emperor
Message 2 of 15
Message 2 of 15

@fs66

Here is the guide

http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/smartband2/userguide/

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Inhabitant
Message 3 of 15
Message 3 of 15

Thank you.

Emperor
Message 4 of 15
Message 4 of 15

@fs66

Anytime, let us know if you have more questions.

Inhabitant
Message 5 of 15
Message 5 of 15

Hi,

yes, all other mentioned points.

:smileysmileywink:

Emperor
Message 6 of 15
Message 6 of 15

@fs66

1. you need to do so on the lifelog app

2. you can't modify the data

3. if you use google music or spotify it should work

4. elaborate

5. pull down the notification bar on your phone, you should be able to see the battery level

6. yes and the smartband 2 app

7. I don't have this band to test it

8. how accurate is your GPS?

View solution in original post

Inhabitant
Message 7 of 15
Message 7 of 15

@uliwooly

thanks for reply.

1. you need to do so on the lifelog app -> as per Sony's commercial also directly at the smartband 2

2. you can't modify the data -> that is a pitty.

3. if you use google music or spotify it should work -> MediaMonkey (best player for huge music collections)

4. elaborate -> at Lifelog Options there is the "Logger". Hope, translation is ok, I have the German Version 

5. pull down the notification bar on your phone, you should be able to see the battery level -> great, thanks

6. yes and the smartband 2 app -> but what for? SWR12 appears in Smart Connection only during BT is active, but I can't edit anything.

7. I don't have this band to test it -> it's mentioned at Sony's product site

8. how accurate is your GPS? -> I choosed the highest adjustment. But I mean the step counting function, not GPS.

Emperor
Message 8 of 15
Message 8 of 15

@fs66

2. I agree with you

3. I haven't heard of that music player, something to suggest the app developers 

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Lifelog/Lifelog-beta-tester/m-p/954703#U954703

4. That will sync with Google servers 

6. You need the app so you can use the band with SmartConnect 

7. I'm aware of that, but I don't physically have it to help you more than what I see and can read from the manual and using my SmartBand and SmartBand talk

8. Open the lifelog app > menu > settings > profile > stride length and running stride length > edit them

Inhabitant
Message 9 of 15
Message 9 of 15

8. I know of this. I mean the COUNTING of steps is wrong, NOT Tracking or length. I go 100 steps and the band counts 50 or sometimes 150 steps.

Apprentice
Message 10 of 15
Message 10 of 15

Hello Frank,

I have also bought the Smartband 2 and my accurancy is ok. 

On which hand do you wear it? (see also: http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/smartband2/faq/The-data-from-the-SmartBand-2-looks-incorrect )

On some cases it is possible to edit the activity (e.g. some transport activity). I did not test everything yet. But if it possible, xou can select the concerning activity, hold it a long time and then you get a new menu. All in the lifelog app. I think I have read about this in "Tipps und Tricks" (yes I'm also German).

UPDATE: Here is an English link how  to change the activity:

http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/smartband2/userguide/Editing-logged-activities/ 

BTW:

I have tested some activity tracker (Fitbit, Jawbone.... All of them had there starting problems. I think the state of the Smartband 2 is already very good. But I also hope it will get better Winking Face.

Best regards

Rudi