account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Lifelog - strange synchronization issue - data re. weight

One time poster
Message 1 of 11
Message 1 of 11

Lifelog - strange synchronization issue - data re. weight

My issue is, for the past 2 days I have strange behavior of Lifelog. It logs in and it seems to track correctly, store on account and be able to download back all the data - except for the weight! I cannot get access to any of the old data on weight (and I've been tracking it for some 3 past years), neither can I add new current data. The application rolls-on with the attempt to synchronize, but after some 30-40 seconds returns error that synchronizing data with the server was not possible. It's very strange, as at the same time data on steps, jogging time, car time, sleep time and other seem to be properly registered.

The issue appeared first, when my Sony Xperia Z5 Compact went dead for the battery issue 2 days ago. I downloaded the Lifelog app on another phone (Samsung Note 10) and everything seemed OK, apart from the weight. The old data on all other parameters (steps, sleep etc.) downloaded, and also the Note registered new activity. However, weight data were not dowloaded and did not allow for adding any new data there.

In the meantime I resurrected my Z5 Compact and started Lifelog app there - and the same results. The applications registers the new data, shows full history of all parameters - apart from weight.

Would be most grateful for helpin with solving it, as I was diligently tracking my weight data for a long time and I would be devastated if it's lost... Slightly frowning Face

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Learner
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

Re: Lifelog - strange synchronization issue - data re. weight

I've got exactly the same problem so it must be a Sony problem not yours. For some time the weight option has needed some help to refresh i.e clicking on week or year and then going back to day in order for it to update. Since Saturday morning it will not sync data with the server and won't accept any new weight entries at all. I'm going to try uninstalling it and reinstalling it to see if that works. 

Highlighted
Learner
Message 3 of 11
Message 3 of 11

Hi, I struggle with the same issue. It is surely at Sony's servers side. Have reinstallation helped?

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 4 of 11
Message 4 of 11

I have had the same issue since Saturday afternoon.

I tried clearing data on my Xperia xz1, uninstall ING, reboot and reinstall and issue still there with weight not recording or showing any history.

Tested on my xz2 tablet ad its the same.

This must be a server end issue. 

Highlighted
Message 5 of 11
Message 5 of 11

Lifelog could not sync data with the server

Hello,

For days now I cannot update my weight in the #lifelog app. It keeps saying 'could not sync data with the server' and 'could not upload to the server'. Have reinstalled the app, cleared cache, signed out and in etc. Nothing works. Some reviews in the play store say the same thing.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 6 of 11
Message 6 of 11

Re: Lifelog could not sync data with the server

Same problem here

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 7 of 11
Message 7 of 11

Re: Lifelog could not sync data with the server

Yeah, I've got the same issue. Since Sony have been stripping away at their apps over the past year, it's likely this is the end of lifelog. Shame, as I really liked the UI. 

RIP

Highlighted
Message 8 of 11
Message 8 of 11

Just want to mention that it started working for me again. Hope it does for you guys as well Grinning Face

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 9 of 11
Message 9 of 11

Mine is working again also! 

Although I think the tracking from year 2017 is gone now... But I can live with that. 

Highlighted
Learner
Message 10 of 11
Message 10 of 11

Thanks, for me it has also started to work. Morning it was still dead.