account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Lifelog no longer tracks walking or running

Highlighted
Regular
Message 1 of 21
Message 1 of 21

Lifelog no longer tracks walking or running

It was working fine until the latest Android update. It shows my location on the map,  but even if I walk around all day it will say I walk only 5 minutes.  It is happening even in cities with 4G coverage.  My location settings for lifelog are set to accurate with GPS on.

The app still has the old records from last month before the update when it was working fine.

Please help

20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21
Message 2 of 21

Re: Lifelog no longer tracks walking or running

Try settings-apps-all,scroll down to lifelog. Tap on it ,force stop and clear data. Log in again.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Regular
Message 3 of 21
Message 3 of 21

I tried that, I even updated the app. It is still the same, not tracking walking or running
Learner
Message 4 of 21
Message 4 of 21

I'm using Android 5.0. I saw my Lifelog stop recording activities like whatsapp, call phone, take a photo and so on. I was checking and it happened around 30 days ago. I unistalled Lifelog and installed again, configured using google account. Then was when Lifelog told me I must let activate in Security > "Apps with usage access" Lifelog and in my case there was a list of several app and one them Lifelog, not activated. I hope it can help you. In any case I think that option must be on to work properly. I guess "something" or my self changed it.

Good luck

Regular
Message 5 of 21
Message 5 of 21

Thank you for your response. I just did exactly the same thing. No changes though Slightly frowning Face
Message 6 of 21
Message 6 of 21

Have you updated lifelog to latest version?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Regular
Message 7 of 21
Message 7 of 21

Yes, I have the latest version. For yesterday information it shows that I was driving all night long (I had data and WIFI off while sleeping); also shows 3 minutes walking but I did walk 40 minutes.

Message 8 of 21
Message 8 of 21

@Rickard Perhaps you know what could help.

Learner
Message 9 of 21
Message 9 of 21

Hello, which is your sensor device?

Sony Xperia Support
Message 10 of 21
Message 10 of 21

As joseanvvv says, this sounds like it may be sensor related. What phone model do you have and what SmartWear do you have connected?

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.