account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Lifelog measures distances inaccurately

SOLVED
Adviser
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

Lifelog measures distances inaccurately

In my Lifelog app, I walked about 7000 steps one day. That means I walked 1.28 hours. And it shows 3.9 km is the distance. In the web I checked that 7000 stpes make about 5.35 km. And the calorie burnt during that time was only 124. This is very small amount. I believe more calorie was burnt. Also in my dad's phone, there is S Health and he walked about 10,000 one day and it showed around 8 km.

So is this something to do with stride length or running stride length? (They are both set to automatic) Please help I'm really disappointed to see this

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

Re: Lifelog measures distances inaccurately

@Arafat_AAK Definetely related to stride length. If you insert your real stride length, it should be different. 

As far as I remember from your old topic, you don't have a smartband. Have you tried to connect your phone to internet and see if the stats aren't updated?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

7 REPLIES 7
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

are you using smart band together with the lifelog app?

________________________________________________________________________________
The Man! The Myth! The Forum Legend! -Scott Sterling
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

@Arafat_AAK Definetely related to stride length. If you insert your real stride length, it should be different. 

As far as I remember from your old topic, you don't have a smartband. Have you tried to connect your phone to internet and see if the stats aren't updated?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Adviser
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

My phone is always connected to the internet. And Lifelog refreshes every time I open it. And the steps it counts are very accurate. But the distance........ and the calorie burnt is very less, why is that? I'm very worried about it. Please tell what to do.

And if this is something to do with the stride length, then please tell how do I measure my stride length. But currently it's set to automatic.

Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

Stride length can be measured as shown here:

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1135

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

Do you really think there's something with sride length? Because mine is set to automatic. isn't there any other problem?

Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

Might be. Also, do you use location? I would try to set it to high accuracy. If this does not help, try to clear data for lifelog and log in again with your account.

Adviser
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

Okay I've taken 10 steps which make up 11.8 feet. Then divided it by 10 and got 1.8. So I took 2.0 feet approximately. Now let's see the results of my walking.