account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Lifelog lost one of is most useful functions

Highlighted
Pioneer
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Lifelog lost one of is most useful functions

Hi everybody;

It seems that with today's Lifelog update (version 4.0.A.0.28) the app lost one of its most useful functions that was the tracking of the phone use and the several apps use.

I am hoping that this is only temporary.

3 REPLIES 3
Apprentice
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lifelog lost one of is most useful functions

I don't think this is temporary. I've, mind you, unfortunately, been a keen user of Sony Mobile's apps and have thus been keeping a close eye on them. Doing so, I've witnessed their reluctance to port themes and Xperia Actions to their newer devices; followed by their announcement of the imminent shutting down of Sony Sketch's online features; followed by this.

It doesn't take a seasoned sleuth to deduct that all this was done to save server budget. It also doesn't take a business analyst to see that doing all this and downsizing your workforce is never the way forward in a highly competitive industry.

I've never been an Average Joe; hence the perpetual requirement for a Sony Mobile device to serve my various needs. It sorely disappoints me that a company I've emotionally invested in is unwilling to fight for its loyal customers. Here's to hoping they sell this division like they did with VAIO before it drowns in a slew of bad decisions.

TL;DR: That this is temporary - I hope as much, if not more; but my pessimism says no.

Talent
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

All Sony apps are slowly downgrading like Music, Weather, Sketch... and now lifelog (all apps were really great in past). I really love Xperias just like for example Vaios,Bravias, Playstations... but it looks like ending for characteristic apps and that really hurts...

I am really glad for new Xperia 1 with great hw and it looks brilliant, but where will be famous sw feeling without sony apps?

When Xperia 1 will come to Europe i will buy it

Commissioner
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Screenshot_20190809-194740.png
Screenshot_20180205-031438 (2).png

We are missing out on so many good features to be tracking. My personal favorites are; games, web browsing, and reading.