account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Lifelog doesn't track my whereabouts

SOLVED
Highlighted
Learner
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Lifelog doesn't track my whereabouts

I wear my Sony Smartband all the time and my Sony Xperia Z2 has Bluetooth turned on as well as WiFi / mobile network on. Location is on as well. Still, when I go into my Lifelog app, I notice that my whereabouts aren't being tracked at all. What can I do to activate this function? My Smartband seems to work perfectly in every other way. 😃
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Learner
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Re: Lifelog doesn't track my whereabouts

I took a close look on the app again (reinstalled everything without losing my history) and did a little trial and error. Then I realized that at one point the tracking worked but then stopped. It was at a time hwen I was on the phone walking in the street. When the call ended I put my phone back in the pocket. That's when the tracking stopped, I later realized. And the reason? I had stamina-mode (extended standby) activated! Slightly smiling Face So, I just deactivated stamina-mode and now everything works fine. Slightly smiling Face

6 REPLIES 6
Enthusiast
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Try switching to the map view and moving the timeline slightly ... the refresh may not have occured.

Also, the SmartBand is not the one tracking your location ... your phone is. Do you have any difficulties updating the step count from the SmartBand to your phone and is your SmartBand connected ?

Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact LTE SGP621
Learner
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

I took a close look on the app again (reinstalled everything without losing my history) and did a little trial and error. Then I realized that at one point the tracking worked but then stopped. It was at a time hwen I was on the phone walking in the street. When the call ended I put my phone back in the pocket. That's when the tracking stopped, I later realized. And the reason? I had stamina-mode (extended standby) activated! Slightly smiling Face So, I just deactivated stamina-mode and now everything works fine. Slightly smiling Face

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

Hahaha .... good one! Slightly smiling Face

Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact LTE SGP621
Adviser
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

I also am having this problem - it looks like lifelog has not been tracking my location for some time (though I am unable to determine the last time since it looks like some of my older data is not accessible)

Stupid thing is - it used to track my location, I have not changed anything, I can look at photos that I have taken and these have the location data in, my location service is on in high accuracy mode...

The whole smartband/lifelog venture feels very half-baked, Sony don't seem to be pushing this very much (perhaps they know that it is not a mature offering) and it certainly does not live up to the promises of pre-release. Very annoyed.

Learner
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

Have you tried to delete both the lifelog app and the smartband app and reinstall both apps again?

Adviser
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Hi, 

Have reinstalled the lifelog app and it seems to be tracking my movements again, will keep an eye on it and see if it stops again,.