account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

How do I remove lifelog?

One time poster
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

How do I remove lifelog?

And a few other useless pre-installed apps. Like AR effect.
7 REPLIES 7
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: How do I remove lifelog?

Hi and welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines.

Most preinstalled apps can't be uninstalled but you can disable many of the preinstalled apps. You can do this from Settings -> Apps -> All -> [the app] -> Disable.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

... but what to do if I don't use most of all preinstalled programs?

It's pity to have no possibility to uninstall it, free memory for more usefull (for me) programs.

One time poster
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

i switched from android to windows phone a while ago and got annoyed by the limited amount of apps so when a renewed i picked up a z5.

its going back to the shop tomorrow. 32Gb model has less available memory than my 8Gb windows phone did.

i can absolutely guarantee that these built in apps are the reason. good phone ruined by questionable marketing decisions.

One time poster
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

Justin did you take it back to the store?
One time poster
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

Agreed!
I really like my Sony Xperia, but hate having to fight so hard to remove software I don't need and don't want.
A waste of time, resources and money.
It's OK to offer the software. I might like it. But If I don't, why make me annoyed by making it difficult to remove it?

Will my next phone be a Sony? Maybe not...
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

"Most preinstalled apps can't be uninstalled but you can disable many of the preinstalled apps."

What do you mean they can't be deleted? I own this phone outright, i don't want these apps nor will i ever use them. How do i delete them?

Learner
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

I prefer to remove it from me sony!