account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

My Wifi and Bluetooth is not turning on

Highlighted
Message 1 of 16
Message 1 of 16

My Wifi and Bluetooth is not turning on

In my xperia L while i click the wifi button it says "turning on" for a while and  gets turned off.. Similarly with bluetooth.

Then i updated my phone for 4.2.2 and it started working for a little while. Again the same problem occured.

Wifi Turning On..and then OFFWifi/Bluetooth turned GREY

Please help me ?

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 2 of 16
Message 2 of 16

Re: My Wifi and Bluetooth is not turning on

I have exactly the same issue with my Xperia L also. Updated to Android 4.2.2 aswell. Same situation...worked for a day then back to the same issue. Anyone know of a way to fix this as i'm DESTROYING my contract's data allowance at home with lack of Wifi.

Commissioner
Message 3 of 16
Message 3 of 16

@Jaydestarr wrote:

I have exactly the same issue with my Xperia L also. Updated to Android 4.2.2 aswell. Same situation...worked for a day then back to the same issue. Anyone know of a way to fix this as i'm DESTROYING my contract's data allowance at home with lack of Wifi.

Settings-Backup & reset- Factory data reset.

If still you are facing the problem then

Repair your phone

Update Service (SUS)

PC Companion (PCC)

Bridge (for Mac)

If I help you in any way hit the Kudos  Kudos 2.JPG and / or mark the correct answerSolution.JPG

Highlighted
Message 4 of 16
Message 4 of 16

Factory Reset Didnot work Slightly frowning Face

My Xperia L is not even allowing me to repair*

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 5 of 16
Message 5 of 16

@KartheekPalepu wrote:

Factory Reset Didnot work Slightly frowning Face

My Xperia L is not even allowing me to repair*

Can you please write in detail that what is the error you getting while trying to repair?

If I help you in any way hit the Kudos  Kudos 2.JPG and / or mark the correct answerSolution.JPG

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 6 of 16
Message 6 of 16

working after factory reset thanks alot

Highlighted
Message 7 of 16
Message 7 of 16

When i try to turn my wifi on either it switches off my mobile / it gets blocked saying "TURNING ON" .

It gets restarted nearly 10times and then it gets connected to my WIFI.

The same with the Bluetooth.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 8 of 16
Message 8 of 16

same problem here.......after updating to 4.2 ......the phone restarts from the first second ....i'v downgraded to 4.1.2  version 15.0.A.2.17 .......and i dont have the restart problem, but facing now another problem.......wifi and bluetooth stuck on opening .......can someone help here ? 

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 9 of 16
Message 9 of 16

Re: my wifi is ON but could not receive any data from the wifi

my wifi doesnt have a problem to connect but when connect to a wifi it is connected but could not receive any internet data when surfing the internet

hope to reply as soon as possible

help me fix the problem

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 10 of 16
Message 10 of 16

Neutral Facehi just i want result of this problem.i'm asked to the sony show room they said me that it was an software problem .i want the reason for this problem....Slightly frowning Face