account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Welcome to the Open Devices community!

This is where we discuss open source and development related questions on our Open Devices initiative.

ramdisk.img > 3GB?? / Yukon eagle kernel building

Learner
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

ramdisk.img > 3GB?? / Yukon eagle kernel building

Hey!

I'm building a new kernel using SONY sources. I have compiled with no problems but my problem now is creating the .img for flashing via fastboot. I'm on step 8 when I have to pack ramdisk using this command:

find . | cpio --quiet -H newc -o | gzip > ramdisk.img

Everything is right. It creates me a ramdisk.img file but it tooks 3gb! As I know the ramdisk image only takes around 8 - 15Mb. So I don't know what I am doing wrong...

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Developer World
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: ramdisk.img > 3GB?? / Yukon eagle kernel building

Hi,

I would suspect that you are in the wrong folder

Please check your path with:

pwd

Regards

Alin

Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

I can understand this thread is quite old but I am facing the same issue. You mentioned that the mentioned command has to run in a specific folder. Could you please specify which folder?

Thanks,

Kishan

Developer World
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Hi,

the command must run in the ramdisk folder and you can check the curent folder with "pwd"

Regards

Alin

Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Thanks for the reply.

There is no ramdisk folder in the tutorial mentioned at 

https://developer.sony.com/develop/open-devices/guides/kernel-compilation-guides/how-to-build-and-fl...

Thanks,