account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Welcome to the Open Devices community!

This is where we discuss open source and development related questions on our Open Devices initiative.

porting honami to kernel 4.14.24

SOLVED
Apprentice
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

porting honami to kernel 4.14.24

hi,

I saw that there is already a devicetree for honami located in the mainline sources. Am I right that the mdss/dsi definition is missing there? I started porting the old dts/dtsi files but now I struggle with dsi interrupt. from Documentation/devicetree/bindings/display/msm/dsi.txt the definition of interrupt is required. could you please provide some specs/docs that I can follow up my work?

thanks in advance

regards crito

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rookie
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Re: porting honami to kernel 4.14.24

Hey, im working on mainline for shianano and we have quite a lot working, including gpu acceleration, fell free to join ##linux-msm on freenode and ill help you out.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Developer World
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Hi,

here you have the development from our team(older branch)

https://developer.sony.com/develop/open-devices/guides/kernel-compilation-guides/how-to-build-mainli...

Regards

Alin

Apprentice
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

I know this kernel compilation guide and I know how to build mainline kernel for arm devices.

my question is about the device tree source.

the point is that your kernel sources contains dsi panel definitions like this dsi-panel-honami.dtsi which is completely missing in the mainline sources.

As far as I understand it correctly this has to be defined to print a getty to the screen.

This week my TTL converter should be delivered, this should make things easier.

thanks

Rookie
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Hey, im working on mainline for shianano and we have quite a lot working, including gpu acceleration, fell free to join ##linux-msm on freenode and ill help you out.

View solution in original post