account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Welcome to the Open Devices community!

This is where we discuss open source and development related questions on our Open Devices initiative.

caf tags

Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

caf tags

I merged the ne caf tags of la.bf.2.1 into 3.10 kernel.

It is not needed for aosp, but the kernel should be the base for many custom roms, which sometims depend on newer caf tags.

Should I send a pull request?

3 REPLIES 3
Talent
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: caf tags

You can always try.

The devs will either accept or reject giving an explanation, (if not ask or explain the reason in commit message).

I believe they are more active on github than here.

What is the worst that could happen.

Adviser
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

The question is, why would you want to have a CAF compatible Kernel if you can have a plain AOSP device tree? Custom Roms always have compatiblilty for Nexus devices which are also not CAF based devices. But yeah, I guess you always can push a Pull Request (maybe to a different branch?) I still see no sense in that to be honest Winking Face

Highlighted
Developer World
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Hi

AOSP tree is intended to provide a clean base for all custom roms (not only Android)

Most custom ROMS have clean AOSP HALs and separate repos for CAF so the best option is to keep a clean AOSP

We will update kernel branch when it will be needed!

Br