account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Welcome to the Open Devices community!

This is where we discuss open source and development related questions on our Open Devices initiative.

Stock Kernel wifi issue

Learner
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Stock Kernel wifi issue

I'm trying to build 23.5.A.1.291 kernel only from sony open devices archive without any changes or mods with only the default shinano_sirius_defconfig 

I used the toolchain 4.9 google.

The image boots up fine. Wifi usb otg are not working. Is there any specific config for building? 

I'm using stock ramdisk too.

2 REPLIES
Developer World
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Stock Kernel wifi issue

Hi

it is really hard to say what chages are needed for your local code to enable the needed functions

Here are some comments regarding the non working functionality:

-the wifi is in a separate folder outside the kernel tree and it needs to be compiled

-USB should work out of the box if the configs are corect

Regards

Alin

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Stock Kernel wifi issue

I downloaded the 23.5.A.1.291 kernel source from sony open devices archive and tried to compile it without any modifications. There were some warnings but i was able to compile it. Usb otg and wifi wasnt working when i flashed it. Is there any config file with the correct configuration ?

The details shinano_sirius_defconfig doesnot have any line mentioning wifi module .

I then compiled the bcmdhd as a module and the file bcmdhd.ko was 4.9 mb in size whereas the stock file was around 650kb. But copying that file to modules made the wifi work on reboot. But i cannot turn off an on the wifi. The usb otg was also not working.