account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Welcome to the Open Devices community!

This is where we discuss open source and development related questions on our Open Devices initiative.

[HELP]building kernel for Xperia V by source kernel

One time poster
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

[HELP]building kernel for Xperia V by source kernel

Hello, I’m computer software engineer and right now I’m work on Android Kernel. I bought a Sony Cellphone (Xperia V) in order to perform my project.

a part of my project is about modifying kernel therefore I want to debug kernel again (for that device), According to that demand I went to your website(http://developer.sonymobile.com/open-devices/how-to-build-and-flash-a-linux-kernel/how-to-build-and-...)and downloaded all of the files but in step 5 that said “make” your own device configuration (blue_tsubasa_defconfig) there isn’t specific file in GitHub:kernel-copyleft/arch/arm/configs/  so I don’t know how to continue?

and after that when I want to compile the specific kernel with 

~~> make ARCH=<arch> CROSS_COMPILE=$CROSS_COMPILE -j <cpu_thread_number>

this command run, between 600 or 700 CPU-thread-number and after that my linux(Ubuntu) log out and can't create kernel.

I really appreciate if you help me to succeed.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Developer World
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: [HELP]building kernel for Xperia V by source kernel

HI

you have to fill the parameters with your config

ARCH=<arch> and -j <cpu_thread_number>

in the make command

make ARCH=<arch> CROSS_COMPILE=$CROSS_COMPILE -j <cpu_thread_number>

Ex: