account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Welcome to the Open Devices community!

This is where we discuss open source and development related questions on our Open Devices initiative.

Drm fix kernel xperia x

Apprentice
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Drm fix kernel xperia x

Has anyone got the drm fix kernel for xperia x ? Needs to work on version 34.2.a.2.69 ?

6 REPLIES 6
Developer World
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: Drm fix kernel xperia x

Hi,

please explain what do you need because DRM is not stored in the kernel

Regards

Alin

Visitor
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

tonight, I wanted to remove my brand from my sony xperia x and then I followed the video provided by sony to open the bootlolader. I was able to install an android version without bran but closing the bootloader no longer works the camera, I read that I lost the drm keys how do i restore them?
thank you so much

Developer World
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

Hi,

we do not support device relock for the unlocked devices

The camera works after device is unlocked but the proprietary functions that are DRM dependent will stop working.

Regards

Alin

Visitor
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

thanks for the answer, but if I bring my xperia x in assistance can you fix it? naturally out of warranty.
Best regards
marco congiu

Developer World
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

Hi,

When you unlocked the bootloader you deactivated the DRM keys used by the proprietary functions and you allow the device to run custom roms

Custom ROMs can not use the Sony proprietary functions which implies that DRM does not matter for them

Regards

Alin

Inhabitant
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

1: I don't think the official Sony forums are the best place for this kind of question

2: DRM should only impact the Stock Sony camera; modded GCam or OpenCamera should work without issues. Try these out first.