account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Welcome to the Open Devices community!

This is where we discuss open source and development related questions on our Open Devices initiative.

50.2.A.0.400 kernel source

Learner
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

50.2.A.0.400 kernel source

Hello,

I would love to be able to compile my own kernel for H3113 but to my surprise, the last released kernel source for my device is from 50.1.A.13.123 (dec 2018) which is Oreo. The latest H3113 version is 50.2.A.0.400 but kernel source code for that is nowhere to be found.

I have tried using Xperia 10 and Xperia Ace source drops but these seem incomplete. They don't feature full Nile platform support as there are no CONFIG_MACH_SONY_{} options for DISCOVERY, DISCOVERY_DSDS,PIONEER_DSDS, VOYAGER, VOYAGER_DSDS which are apparently a thing considering kernel config extracted from prebuilt kernel image contains these entries.

You can see the extracted defconfig for yourself here ~ https://gist.github.com/luk1337/5c678d3b476eb5c99ffabd160e6abd5d

Is there anything that could be done to peacefully resolve this issue? It's kinda dissapointing to see that Sony /forgot/ to release source code for any 50.2.A.0.* kernel, considering the initial release of Android P update was shipped back in january.

- Łukasz

2 REPLIES 2
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: 50.2.A.0.400 kernel source

I would recommend going to XDA forums, as they would have better resources 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Learn to take care and troubleshoot your Device here:
Xperia Support by Sony: https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/
Highlighted
Learner
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: 50.2.A.0.400 kernel source

What do you mean? If Sony doesn't release kernel source then XDA won't have it either.