account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Need Phone with Wifi Capability

SOLVED
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Need Phone with Wifi Capability

Can someone recommend a SE phone that I has wifi capabilites ? T-Mobile doesn't have many SE phones but I want an unlocked one that will be able to utilize the wifi calling that T-Mobile offers. I assume that wifi calling is not proprietary, but I may be wrong. I don't want an andriod phone, because i only make calls and text, nothing else. It can be a current SE model or discontinued.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Re: Need Phone with Wifi Capability

It's not the same.

We have two phone models with support for UMA. W705 and G705. These are older models and may be hard to get today.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

you should think about it,  Sony Ericsson will stop releasing non-smartphones by the end of this year, they already stopped supporting/updating symbian and windows phones for more than a year, and the latest Java phones like the txt or txt pro have a LOT of issues and SE won't seem to be interested on updating. the alternative, get a cheap android phone, like the X10 or X8 and then use a custom ROM to update it to the latest firmware.

Don't forget to mark the Correct Answers & Helpful Answers

Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

I would suggest Hazel or Elm in that case. You can find more info about them on the website.

www.sonyericsson.com

But you will have to check with T-mobile if they can be used for calling over Wi-Fi using their service.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Thanks Johan and u-w. Is the WiFi capability the same as UMA ?

Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

It's not the same.

We have two phone models with support for UMA. W705 and G705. These are older models and may be hard to get today.

View solution in original post