account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This October marks 10 years of XPERIA phones

Community Manager
Message 1 of 33
Message 1 of 33

This October marks 10 years of XPERIA phones

Communitymember @viridis noticed that it is now 10 years ago, this October, the very first XPERIA device, Xperia X1, became available in stores. During these 10 years many different Xperia devices have been developed and sold all over the world.

Which is your favorite Xperia device so far and why is it your favorite.

Share your thoughts below!

32 REPLIES
Message 2 of 33
Message 2 of 33

Re: This October marks 10 years of XPERIA phones

I actually have an X1 which I decided to open specifically on the 10th anniversary.

I posted a few images of the unboxing and device here.

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Other-Discussions-General/Happy-10th-birthday-Sony-Xperia/m-p/1349062

In regards to my favourite... Before the last day 2 years it was Z3, now... Probably the XZ3 with XZ Premium tied in second with XZ2 Premium. That said tho, the Z5 premium was my go-to device for so much stuff, it's hard not to include that in equal measure as it's newer replacements, the 4k YouTube streaming and upscale were just that little bit extra to put them ahead.

A notable mention has to be the Xperia X, it really seemed to grow on me, as well as others and is probably the Xperia I missed the most when I upgraded. And the display.... Wow!

Lots of great devices, each with unique points.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Forum Legend
Message 3 of 33
Message 3 of 33

Sony-Ericsson-Xperia-active1.jpg

This xperia ACTIVE should be renamed XPERIA BEAST!! #MYFIRSTXPERIA

________________________________________________________________________________
The Man! The Myth! The Forum Legend! -Scott Sterling
Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 4 of 33
Message 4 of 33

I have one of the first sony mobile with the flip up aerial to countless others.

My fav has to be my previous z5. I have an xz2 but its ok. Infact android pie has now ruined sony for me. Looking at a non android phone soon.

Message 5 of 33
Message 5 of 33

Hi all!

I am with Sony since the Ericsson time with the X10 mini. I remember I didn't want t big phone at the time. The only thought I had was: where I´m going to putt a phone so big and with a glass screen on the pocket?

After that, I fell in love with the Sony Mobile NXT series and bought an Xperia S. After that, I owned a Z2, Z5, XZ, and now the XZ Premium. Making company was the Smartband 1 and 2, the QX10 lense, and the Wireless Speaker SRS-BTV5.

Even though I love Sony Mobile products I have always points where they can do better. But what makes me come back is the fact that the experience is consistent! I really hope that Sony Mobile gain the power and strength to compete with other manufacturers.

DSC_1807.JPG

received_1699430273419416.jpeg

20180921113348_IMG_2555.JPG

DSC_3278.JPG

DSC07281.JPG

This is a user-based global forum. So please, write in english! By doing so, it can be well received and monitored.
If the problem is solved, mark it as a solution so others can know Grinning Face
Message 6 of 33
Message 6 of 33

+5 points for battlefront 2....

But -5 for watchdogs 2

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Pioneer
Message 7 of 33
Message 7 of 33

My Xperia journey started with Mini Pro, continued with X10 mini pro, SP, XA and now XZ1. What made me choose Sony was build quality, camera, design (I'm not fond of rounded phones) and simplicity of use. I am in luck with Xperia phones 'coz I never had major issues, neither software nor hardware. For me the best one was SP: excellent grip, fast (for its time), reliable, great battery life, great camera and a lovely bottom light bar that would  'dance' on music Smiling Face with Heart-eyes 

We'll chat again after the second decade... 

Inhabitant
Message 8 of 33
Message 8 of 33

Nice. my first device was the k800i. Was a great phone with a great camera and Xenon flash! how many hours i used it for hearing mp3 Slightly smiling Face

Then i was heaviliy disappointed by the SE X10. The software was so bad and no multitouch. But design was great.

Then i swicthed to Samsung Galaxy Series but came back to z3 compact. Was the best Sony phone ever. Slightly smiling Face

Now im on the xz2 compact and its a great device. Wish only the headphone jack would be still there but its ok with the dongle as well.

How i miss the times where you could simply change the battery on your own :/

I also hope that that Sony is listening to its customers and do what they want and not what Sony wants. Would be a shame if the would close the mobile business.

One time poster
Message 9 of 33
Message 9 of 33

Screenshot_20181028-Z3comp.JPGZ3 CompactScreenshot_20181006.JPGBefore updateScreenshot_20181106.JPGAfter update

1. Two ears old Z3 Compact. Without recharging - 7 days 14 hours 43 min. No one problem. Excellent.  

2. Current XZ2 Compact. Before last update without recharging - 5 days 11 hours 27 min. Google Play services - disabled. Problems with SMS (can't delete messages), Calendar (don't open), Bluetooth (bluetooth device lost during talking)

2. XZ2 Compact. Ufter last update (Pie 9 52.0.A.3.27) without recharging - 4 days 2 hours 56 min. The same problems.

Message 10 of 33
Message 10 of 33

I've had a fair share of Xperia smartphones, but my favourite was still the Z3 Compact. it was a huge upgrade over my aging Xperia mini pro, and I absolutely loved the vivid orange back plate.