account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

TV Show Discussion Thread

Sony Xperia Support
Message 1 of 15
Message 1 of 15

TV Show Discussion Thread

Hi Everyone!

This topic is for discussing TV shows; both old, new, ongoing and cancelled. Just finished a show you'd like to give your thoughts on, or just want to pass on a recommendation? This is the thread! 

I recently finished Black Sails, I would say that I had high expectations going in to it as many of my friends recommended it to me - but it just get's an "worth watching" for me. It is a bit slow at times and the ending was very lackluster after having a tremendous build up, but it still was an interesting watch and I would recommend it for someone to pass their time. It was not until I already watched the show that I learned that the characters in the show are based on real people, such as Charles Vayne and Edward Teach.
BSAILS5

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

14 REPLIES 14
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 2 of 15
Message 2 of 15

Re: TV Show Discussion Thread

My these days dessert are (was):

Last Man Standing

lastmanstanding2.jpg

Last week i finished 5th season, waiting for 6th, i like simple family comedies, Tim Allen professional performance in it and... good jokes. Simple, good and perfect for relax Slightly smiling Face

Episodes

maxresdefault.jpg

Right now watching 5th season, but if say true i started to watch this TV show only for Matt LeBlanc, which i know from TV series: Friends and Joey. First season wasn't so attractive for me as now is. This is little bit different comedy TV show as i accustomed to watch. Episodes won: Golden Globe (2012) Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series - Comedy or Musical - Matt LeBlanc. Was nominated in the same Golden Globe (2012, 2013) for: Best Television Series - Comedy or Musical, Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series - Comedy or Musical - Matt LeBlanc (2012). In Primetime Emmy Awards (2011, 2013, 2014, 2015) was nominated as: Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series - Matt LeBlanc  (For playing "Matt LeBlanc"), Outstanding Writing for a Comedy Series - David Crane and Jeffrey Klarik (For episode "Episode 409"), Outstanding Directing for a Comedy Series Iain B. MacDonald (For episode "309"). BAFTA Awards (2013, 2015) was nominated for: Best Female Performance in a Comedy Programme - Tamsin Greig, Best Situation Comedy - David Crane, Jeffrey Klarik and Jimmy Mulville. And many others. It's a little bit black comedy (sometime), which somehow included me in this show. It's little bit different comedy about TV show in which acting Matt LeBlanc and about his life. It's these days full jokes tv show, sometime with strange humor, but in others sides with so accurate notes. I recommend you to watch this tv show for users which loves black humor and is big Matt LeBlanc fan Slightly smiling Face

Monk

600x600bb-85.jpg

Strange, a little bit paranoid, man with millions phobias, but perfect detective - these descriptions is very good about this character. Monk lost wife and became strange with millions phobias which afraid - everything. Detective TV show with comedy spice. I watched this tv show a lot of years ago and i'm with pleasure watching it now, happy to see it again. If say true it's my one of the best detective tv show which i saw in my life.

The Simpsons

the-simpsons-interview.jpg

I will be very surprised if someone don't know The Simpsons family. I grown up with this animated TV show, and living untill now. My daily portion is some episodes every day: at this moment watching some olds episodes including fresh new from 28th seasons. Perfect day relaxation Slightly smiling Face

At this moment it's mains tv show. By the way i tried to watch Twin Peaks (2017) too, but... i really really am suprised that i watched this tv show when i was child - weird, unconscious, after first 3 episodes i give up and left this tv show at rest Slightly smiling Face

I always choose tv shows where acting actors like: Tim Allen, Matt LeBlanc, Matthew Perry, Charlie Sheen, Ashton Kutcher, Rowan Atkinson and many others, coz most time these tv show are PERFECT and interesting Slightly smiling Face

Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 15
Message 3 of 15

Any anime fans out there in our Community? Smiling Face with Sunglasses

A recently aired anime called Kakegurui was very enjoyable for me, I found the theme and characters interesting! A good way to pass the time if you like gambling. Slightly smiling Face
DEyuPgrXkAIoo_n.jpg

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 15
Message 4 of 15

I recently started to watch the new Netflix/Marvel TV show called The Punisher.

Usually I don't really like "superhero" movies/TV shows, but this is quite different as the main character does not have any super powers and it has been quite violent so far (2 episodes in), which is something that I like! Slightly smiling Face

Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 15
Message 5 of 15

@Jonas sounds interesting, and it scored well on IMDB. I will give a shot, thanks! For now, though, I'll try to finish Rome. Slightly smiling Face

Scavenger Hunt Winner
Message 6 of 15
Message 6 of 15

Lucifer

Because it's exactly my persona

DFDY-TcXUAAPW-V.jpg

//----------------- C:\》$ Path- Thyme: .trawler //-----------------Auto-Correct Disclaimer: Not sorry. //----------------- Batteries not included.
Sony Xperia Support
Message 7 of 15
Message 7 of 15

@NeoBeum I'll check it out, some colleagues recommended it as well.

Your persona? I thought "Hannibal" would be a better fit for you? Grinning Face It's my favorite TV show of all time, by the way!

Commissioner
Message 8 of 15
Message 8 of 15

Watched this month on TV:

51qaIWo7OSL__SY445_.jpg

untitled.pngMV5BMjQ5NjA2NDg1MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDAzNDc4MjI@__V1_SY1000_CR0,0,657,1000_AL_.jpg

v1.jpg

* included some old TV Show:

61QIFKZMVcL__SY445_.jpg

MV5BYjFkMTlkYWUtZWFhNy00M2FmLThiOTYtYTRiYjVlZWYxNmJkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTAyODkwOQ@@__V1_SY1000_CR0,0,666,1000_AL_.jpg

MV5BNTU2MjI4NzM4NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODIyODQxMDE@__V1_.jpg

Important: Don't forget to say THANK YOU and GIVE KUDOS for users which answered & helped you Remote

Sony Xperia Support
Message 9 of 15
Message 9 of 15

Oh, Married with Children is one of my favorite TV shows of all time! Grinning Face

Commissioner
Message 10 of 15
Message 10 of 15

@Emir wrote:

Oh, Married with Children is one of my favorite TV shows of all time! Grinning Face

Oh yhea it's still amazing show. I grown up with Friends and Married with Children, so this moment when i watching it again coming good remembers, emotions... I think i will not find better tv Show at all. By the way if you did not saw American made movie with Tom Cruise, i recommend you to see, it's great comedy/ action movie about real drug dealer which lived in world Slightly smiling Face Tom Cruise is woderful actor and one of my favourite Slightly smiling Face

Important: Don't forget to say THANK YOU and GIVE KUDOS for users which answered & helped you Remote