account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

MWC 2019 press conference

One time poster
Message 21 of 34
Message 21 of 34

Re: MWC 2019 press conference

I loved the presentation and the unveiling of the Xperia 1.

After doing further research on the phone, I was disappointed to find out that there is no head phone jack on the device. I know the head phone jack is offered on the Xperia 10 and Xperia 10 plus, but I was hoping this would also be offered on the Xperia 1.

If the headphone jack is not featured on the Xperia 1, what does Sony plan to do to supplement those who are hoping to use their headphones on the phone? Will free Bluetooth headphones or a headphone dongle come with the phone? 

Message 22 of 34
Message 22 of 34

@Ayush_Bharti wrote:

if you are right. then oneplus 6t is the worst brand ever. I'm planing to buy oneplus 6t because in india 6t cost 37,000 and xperia xz2 is 72,000. After your message i never buy oneplus. Sony is best in everything (smartphone).

i buy xperia xa1 plus few month ago. i told to amazon seller why you are selling at ₹25,000. Xperia Xa1 plus cost only 16,000₹ on official site.

India take time to fix these issues. 

can you tell me why smartphone like red mi, honor, realme like brand cost low price in india?these phones give snapdragon 630 in ₹13,000 to 15,000.

I would say if u r stil looking for a Sony phone ,time is running out as many of the stocks are finished . Then if u want up-to-date support then u might need to depend on other manufacturers. XZ1 and XZ Premium is two best Sony phones and XZ Premium already out of stock ,u might find XZ1 somewer . Both these phones pretty solid device but getting 2 years old.

If u ask why Chinese phones with Snapdragon 630 at low price, one reason is they are made in India, and then if u take a look at their device u can see either Google stock or the ugly miui which is developed so cheap. Also u can find lot of their own apps with ads which they sure using user data. Though those phones look well built it's all built cheaply but serves the purpose at that price. Then many of their phones lack some software certificates which may or may not be useful in real life.. one example is widevine L1 certification. 

If u look on a Sony phone u can see the difference in software optimisation, DRM content utilisation and well built Sony exclusive apps (which I know it's diminishing and disappearing year by year) . So the quality differs a lot. 

Apart from all the Sony design which is always unique though I didn't like last few models but it's a Sony.

Overall u will understand it does costs a little more for a Sony device but that doesn't mean u hav to pay over priced phones but still it's always a unique device. 

One time poster
Message 23 of 34
Message 23 of 34

My sony xa2 phone haven't fingerprint unlocked option on it's security menu. Please help me to solve this problem 

Message 24 of 34
Message 24 of 34

Hi @Methmal 

Since this area is just for MWC 2019, please, visit the dedicated forum area of your device so we can assist you better Slightly smiling Face 

This is a user-based global forum. So please, write in english! By doing so, it can be well received and monitored.
If the problem is solved, mark it as a solution so others can know Grinning Face
Inhabitant
Message 25 of 34
Message 25 of 34

@MechaBouncer wrote:

In a word, my feedback of the Sony press conference is: Disappointed. Sony is moving further and further away from what I want in a device. I also find the lack of a Compact model to be a dealbreaker. While the 21:9 screen may be great for films and people making them, it's not what I want. I was perfectly happy with 16:9. I'm not watching movies on my phone most of the time. I'm also not making films and any content I do record is going to be displayed on a 16:9 monitor or television. Recording in 21:9 for me just means that things will only look right on the phone and be letterboxed everywhere else. And the bulk of the content that I do view on my phone is going to be in 16:9 ratio so 21:9 just becomes overkill. Even the 18:9 of the Xperia XZ2 Compact feels too wide. 21:9 is just too big and unusable with a single hand. Sure, it's nice to see Sony finally trying to leverage more of its divisions, but none of this is at all of any practical use to what I want as a customer.

To be honest, the Compact line has been one of the only reasons that my last 3 phones have all been from Sony. I've owned an Xperia Z3 Compact, Xperia X Compact, and now an Xperia XZ2 Compact. Before those I even had an Xperia Play that I loved as far as the concept went. Honestly, if I were asked to name what I really wanted Sony to bring to Xperia in a word it would be: PlayStation. Remote Play on just the flagship model isn't enough. You should be bringing that to ALL of your devices as a MINIMUM. Keeping it locked to only the flagship models puts it out of reach for most people that would be interested in the feature. It should be across all Sony Xperia devices. Beyond that, why isn't PlayStation Now on any of your phones? Microsoft, Google, Nvidia, Valve, even EA are all getting into streaming content. Your direct competitors will also be working together to stream Microsoft games to Nintendo hardware. You've been in the game for 5 years and yet this still feels like a half-hearted afterthought. You've already killed the Vita, which was your best competition to that. Now you don't have anything that can fill its roll outside of buying an outdated Xperia Z3 and that still can only do Remote Play.

What I want, what I REALLY want, is a Sony PlayStation gaming phone done right. Ideally I would want proper gamepad controls whether it use a DualShock 4 or some kind of gamepad dock (preferrably), but having physical controls of some sort is a must. Gaming phones are gaining a lot of traction now, but few have what Sony could really push: Content. Just having Remote Play and PlayStation Now would provide a wealth of content and leverage your existing technology. It's something that you could offer that few others could. Plus it would allow you to compete with the likes of Microsoft and Nintendo now. Eventually Microsoft, Google, Samsung, or someone else is going to do just that and you are going to be left behind when you were once a leader in the market. And now that there's no Compact line to hold me with Sony, I'll likely move on as well.

I'm going to respond to what I wrote earlier because I have a bit of a followup. A recent hardware failure that prevented Android Auto from working anymore required me to send my Xperia XZ2 Compact back to Sony for repair. Thankfully it is still under warranty as it was purchased when it first released less than a year ago. However that left me in a bind as I no longer have my older devices save for the now archaic Xperia Play. The last time I had to use that as a backup was back in 2015 and even then it was far too slow and out of date and unable to even install any newer software because of how little storage space was on it. I loved the concept, but the specs were sure lackluster.

Anyway, that left me with 2 options: 1 Buy a cheap backup phone and hope that Sony can fix the problem, or 2. Upgrade now. I chose option 2 and bought a Samsung Galaxy S10e. It's only slightly wider and taller than the Xperia XZ2 Compact, but half as thick. It also has twice the storage and 1.5 times the memory with a much larger screen. So Sony has already lost me as a customer because none of these devices have anything that I want anymore. I did prefer Sony's approach to being mostly stock Android with some added applications more than Samsung's approach of forcing all of their app versions on me. However it's not enough to keep me with Sony when nothing about the hardware fits what I want.

If Sony wants me back as a customer, it's going to need to bring something that I want. As I mentioned, all of Sony's competitors are getting into streaming now and have demonstrated it since I first brought it up. Microsoft demonstrated Project xCloud running on a phone and Google just unveiled Stadia. Sony could have been on the ground floor offering Remote Play and PlayStation Now on all of their devices. But what did they do? Announce Remote Play for iOS? That's like Sony telling me to go buy an iPhone. Is Remote Play also going to come to other Android devices too? Maybe if it does, it'll finally be available on the rest of Sony's phones and not just the flagship models. Although that also wouldn't give me a reason to buy another Sony device. Sony, please give me a reason to care again.

Message 26 of 34
Message 26 of 34

@MechaBouncer wrote:

@MechaBouncer wrote:

In a word, my feedback of the Sony press conference is: Disappointed. Sony is moving further and further away from what I want in a device. I also find the lack of a Compact model to be a dealbreaker. While the 21:9 screen may be great for films and people making them, it's not what I want. I was perfectly happy with 16:9. I'm not watching movies on my phone most of the time. I'm also not making films and any content I do record is going to be displayed on a 16:9 monitor or television. Recording in 21:9 for me just means that things will only look right on the phone and be letterboxed everywhere else. And the bulk of the content that I do view on my phone is going to be in 16:9 ratio so 21:9 just becomes overkill. Even the 18:9 of the Xperia XZ2 Compact feels too wide. 21:9 is just too big and unusable with a single hand. Sure, it's nice to see Sony finally trying to leverage more of its divisions, but none of this is at all of any practical use to what I want as a customer.

To be honest, the Compact line has been one of the only reasons that my last 3 phones have all been from Sony. I've owned an Xperia Z3 Compact, Xperia X Compact, and now an Xperia XZ2 Compact. Before those I even had an Xperia Play that I loved as far as the concept went. Honestly, if I were asked to name what I really wanted Sony to bring to Xperia in a word it would be: PlayStation. Remote Play on just the flagship model isn't enough. You should be bringing that to ALL of your devices as a MINIMUM. Keeping it locked to only the flagship models puts it out of reach for most people that would be interested in the feature. It should be across all Sony Xperia devices. Beyond that, why isn't PlayStation Now on any of your phones? Microsoft, Google, Nvidia, Valve, even EA are all getting into streaming content. Your direct competitors will also be working together to stream Microsoft games to Nintendo hardware. You've been in the game for 5 years and yet this still feels like a half-hearted afterthought. You've already killed the Vita, which was your best competition to that. Now you don't have anything that can fill its roll outside of buying an outdated Xperia Z3 and that still can only do Remote Play.

What I want, what I REALLY want, is a Sony PlayStation gaming phone done right. Ideally I would want proper gamepad controls whether it use a DualShock 4 or some kind of gamepad dock (preferrably), but having physical controls of some sort is a must. Gaming phones are gaining a lot of traction now, but few have what Sony could really push: Content. Just having Remote Play and PlayStation Now would provide a wealth of content and leverage your existing technology. It's something that you could offer that few others could. Plus it would allow you to compete with the likes of Microsoft and Nintendo now. Eventually Microsoft, Google, Samsung, or someone else is going to do just that and you are going to be left behind when you were once a leader in the market. And now that there's no Compact line to hold me with Sony, I'll likely move on as well.

I'm going to respond to what I wrote earlier because I have a bit of a followup. A recent hardware failure that prevented Android Auto from working anymore required me to send my Xperia XZ2 Compact back to Sony for repair. Thankfully it is still under warranty as it was purchased when it first released less than a year ago. However that left me in a bind as I no longer have my older devices save for the now archaic Xperia Play. The last time I had to use that as a backup was back in 2015 and even then it was far too slow and out of date and unable to even install any newer software because of how little storage space was on it. I loved the concept, but the specs were sure lackluster.

Anyway, that left me with 2 options: 1 Buy a cheap backup phone and hope that Sony can fix the problem, or 2. Upgrade now. I chose option 2 and bought a Samsung Galaxy S10e. It's only slightly wider and taller than the Xperia XZ2 Compact, but half as thick. It also has twice the storage and 1.5 times the memory with a much larger screen. So Sony has already lost me as a customer because none of these devices have anything that I want anymore. I did prefer Sony's approach to being mostly stock Android with some added applications more than Samsung's approach of forcing all of their app versions on me. However it's not enough to keep me with Sony when nothing about the hardware fits what I want.

If Sony wants me back as a customer, it's going to need to bring something that I want. As I mentioned, all of Sony's competitors are getting into streaming now and have demonstrated it since I first brought it up. Microsoft demonstrated Project xCloud running on a phone and Google just unveiled Stadia. Sony could have been on the ground floor offering Remote Play and PlayStation Now on all of their devices. But what did they do? Announce Remote Play for iOS? That's like Sony telling me to go buy an iPhone. Is Remote Play also going to come to other Android devices too? Maybe if it does, it'll finally be available on the rest of Sony's phones and not just the flagship models. Although that also wouldn't give me a reason to buy another Sony device. Sony, please give me a reason to care again.

I read everything u said.. really appreciate for opening yourself completely what u felt. Like this most of the Sony customers do have to say a lot. And it's really sad to know that no one cares..

Back in 2012 towards 2014 u know Sony devices wer booming that time with unique features unique handsets and apps with special functions that no other manufacturers ever dream of. Every  year since then it's like ending and ending each of it to the point wer how stock Google version looked like. There was lots of development for those kind of special features but think we already know those every year the sales are going down and down and down with uncompetitive price and poor service. Still there is loyal Sony fans like me still looking and searching for next Sony device bcos once u use it u wil only search for new Sony . 

In every device forums u can see people shouting for features which wer already there and removed in the next device. Yes me too I did that too I wanted some missing add-ons in the music app, double tap to sleep in home app..etc. why I asking for bcos I used all of Sony's previous devices. And we are missing it out.. 

Well when we think on Sony's side... Can u see the total market share of Sony devices.. it's around 1% ... None of the usual mobile review sites talk abt Sony anymore.. if u want to buy one it's like unavailable forever. Newer models too costly..and when u have it u miss lot of things. With 1-2% market share , how much will the company pay for development? To stay in the business they try to make something new and just release it on every mwc with minimum expenditure.. for fast updates they skip lot of old things bcos it probably hav bugs or no time to implement on newer android versions. Also with less devices sold less interest on individual opinions and requests. I know whenever I say some feature or add something, it's just a post here and nobody cares or forward it to the software development team and say we got user feedback to work on . 

Ya I understand the point of view the company is making and I haven't got out of Sony.. I miss lots of things but I just stay happy that I love my device. 

About MWC this year... I don't feel any complaints..I liked Xperia 1 with ya tall boy 21:9 4K OLED and back to the flat shaped design.. and one thing I really really respect and really happy is no ugly stupid notch... Minimum bezel no problem... .I do really hope on the software side Sony keeps all its unique features so far they hav on the table and not deleting one by one like past years... It's dead end for Sony in India I guess...

I still feel proud of my device and hope lasts forever.

@MechaBouncer ya like u mentioned playstation thing..likewise there was so many things Sony could have kept but it's just few devices to invest on.. I had a compact user friend too and he used to hear guys saying who says smallest phone user when everybody is having 6+ inch screens. But he had his advantages in using it.. 

Iam out of words I wanted to say lot of things but who reads it anyway . Thank you Sony for your amazing phones and I hope the new Xperia lineup will be successful and please put a sensible price in the market. And looking forward to more updates to existing devices ... 

Thank you

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 27 of 34
Message 27 of 34

Hello sir/madam I'm using Sony experia phone from last 3 years bt few months ago I change my phone and I buy Sony experia xz doul Sim 

From few days I have problem in my phone... When I used to call or I use other applications for calling my phone's screen goes off automatic please if you have any solutions tell me...AND I CHECK THAT PROXIMITY SENSOR THAT FITURES WAS ON IN MY PHONE BT I CAN'T TRUN OFF THAT FUNCTION, I TRY TO OFF THAT LIKE 1HOURS THAT WASN'T OFF HELP ME

Message 28 of 34
Message 28 of 34

Does sony lounch any smartphone in india in 2019 like xperia xz premium at 30,000 to 40,000 range? In india xperia xz2 is high range smartphone (72,000). 

Visitor
Message 29 of 34
Message 29 of 34

No Xperia compact. You've lost me as a customer. I bought a replacement Compact X and it looks like the last Xperia I'll buy as your flagships are just outright too big

Talent
Message 30 of 34
Message 30 of 34

waiting for the Xperia 1, disappointed with the size of the battery and that has no wireless charge.

But his screen 21: 9 4k HDR oled has me in love