account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

MWC 2019 press conference

Message 11 of 35
Message 11 of 35

Re: MWC 2019 press conference

it will available in india? if yes then when? xperia 1, 10 and 10 plus is quit impressive. i read specifications. I'm waiting for xperia new series.

Commissioner
Message 12 of 35
Message 12 of 35

Nice phones, but I'm disappointed that there is no new compact model. That was something unique to Sony.

One time poster
Message 13 of 35
Message 13 of 35

+1 

Not having compact is a showstopper for me which means my old XZ1 Compact will need to live longer. Not smart @Sony. 

Enthusiast
Message 14 of 35
Message 14 of 35

New sony Xperia 1 & 10 plus - an exact copy of the xperia XA & XA1.

Message 15 of 35
Message 15 of 35

@uliwooly wrote:

@viridis 

so it'll be like the XZ1 just bigger and awesome-er-er 

No, it's like a natural successor to Z5 premium.

Remember how everyone wanted a Z5 premium with reduced bezels... This is like that. A true Z6 in every way but name

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Message 16 of 35
Message 16 of 35

@Sanche101 wrote:

New sony Xperia 1 & 10 plus - an exact copy of the xperia XA & XA1.

Well yes, that's pretty much it, but a renaming and rebranding it would seem.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Message 17 of 35
Message 17 of 35

@Ayush_Bharti wrote:

it will available in india? if yes then when? xperia 1, 10 and 10 plus is quit impressive. i read specifications. I'm waiting for xperia new series.

Really big doubt for any new Sony phones in India. Bcos of new tax system the prices won't be competitive, xz2 is best example as it costs more than double the price of Europe in India. 

Moreover Xperia 10 and 10 plus should have Snapdragon 675 atleast. 630s is like more than a year old now but optimised chipsets for battery life. Still the price would be high and the chance is so low to launch here.

Sony never had a manufacturing or any assembly plants in India and everything is imported. So it seems xz2 is the last device here..unless they figure out something.

Inhabitant
Message 18 of 35
Message 18 of 35

In a word, my feedback of the Sony press conference is: Disappointed. Sony is moving further and further away from what I want in a device. I also find the lack of a Compact model to be a dealbreaker. While the 21:9 screen may be great for films and people making them, it's not what I want. I was perfectly happy with 16:9. I'm not watching movies on my phone most of the time. I'm also not making films and any content I do record is going to be displayed on a 16:9 monitor or television. Recording in 21:9 for me just means that things will only look right on the phone and be letterboxed everywhere else. And the bulk of the content that I do view on my phone is going to be in 16:9 ratio so 21:9 just becomes overkill. Even the 18:9 of the Xperia XZ2 Compact feels too wide. 21:9 is just too big and unusable with a single hand. Sure, it's nice to see Sony finally trying to leverage more of its divisions, but none of this is at all of any practical use to what I want as a customer.

To be honest, the Compact line has been one of the only reasons that my last 3 phones have all been from Sony. I've owned an Xperia Z3 Compact, Xperia X Compact, and now an Xperia XZ2 Compact. Before those I even had an Xperia Play that I loved as far as the concept went. Honestly, if I were asked to name what I really wanted Sony to bring to Xperia in a word it would be: PlayStation. Remote Play on just the flagship model isn't enough. You should be bringing that to ALL of your devices as a MINIMUM. Keeping it locked to only the flagship models puts it out of reach for most people that would be interested in the feature. It should be across all Sony Xperia devices. Beyond that, why isn't PlayStation Now on any of your phones? Microsoft, Google, Nvidia, Valve, even EA are all getting into streaming content. Your direct competitors will also be working together to stream Microsoft games to Nintendo hardware. You've been in the game for 5 years and yet this still feels like a half-hearted afterthought. You've already killed the Vita, which was your best competition to that. Now you don't have anything that can fill its roll outside of buying an outdated Xperia Z3 and that still can only do Remote Play.

What I want, what I REALLY want, is a Sony PlayStation gaming phone done right. Ideally I would want proper gamepad controls whether it use a DualShock 4 or some kind of gamepad dock (preferrably), but having physical controls of some sort is a must. Gaming phones are gaining a lot of traction now, but few have what Sony could really push: Content. Just having Remote Play and PlayStation Now would provide a wealth of content and leverage your existing technology. It's something that you could offer that few others could. Plus it would allow you to compete with the likes of Microsoft and Nintendo now. Eventually Microsoft, Google, Samsung, or someone else is going to do just that and you are going to be left behind when you were once a leader in the market. And now that there's no Compact line to hold me with Sony, I'll likely move on as well.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 19 of 35
Message 19 of 35

i have some problems when i use my own sony xz1 with vodafone sim, a lot of applications are blocked and the phon is too slow, neither light app like instagram or whatsapp works right

Message 20 of 35
Message 20 of 35

if you are right. then oneplus 6t is the worst brand ever. I'm planing to buy oneplus 6t because in india 6t cost 37,000 and xperia xz2 is 72,000. After your message i never buy oneplus. Sony is best in everything (smartphone).

i buy xperia xa1 plus few month ago. i told to amazon seller why you are selling at ₹25,000. Xperia Xa1 plus cost only 16,000₹ on official site.

India take time to fix these issues. 

can you tell me why smartphone like red mi, honor, realme like brand cost low price in india?these phones give snapdragon 630 in ₹13,000 to 15,000.