account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

IFA 2018 press conference

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 51 of 65
Message 51 of 65

Re: IFA 2018 press conference

It would be really nice if Sony would release a compact phone exactly like the xz3. I would probably buy even when i already have the xz2c. the xz3 is simply too big for me. but lets see when it comes in store and i can touch and test it.

Message 52 of 65
Message 52 of 65

@EUPHORIC wrote:
In specifications there is no nothing special, who havn't others, some of them better at all features and ect.

Hybrid log gamma HDR video recording in 4k is a HUGE feature that everyone will copy next year. It's the hottest format in vlogging and videography and even Dji's latest drone with Hasselblad camera has adopted the HLG standard.

It's an amazing time for home video, luckily Xperia are the undesputed best for mobile video.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Commissioner
Message 53 of 65
Message 53 of 65

@viridis wrote:

@EUPHORIC wrote:
In specifications there is no nothing special, who havn't others, some of them better at all features and ect.

Hybrid log gamma HDR video recording in 4k is a HUGE feature that everyone will copy next year. It's the hottest format in vlogging and videography and even Dji's latest drone with Hasselblad camera has adopted the HLG standard.

It's an amazing time for home video, luckily Xperia are the undesputed best for mobile video.

Sony always doing with theirs camera magic things like: 3D camera, 4K and ect. But i mean features like have Samsung Always on Display or how it called. This is for me is still wowo. very usualful feature i think, even if you need to write something. Sony with camera always have something good to show: AR effect looks amazing, i'm sad taht i can't use 3D effect, i can't get newest version which is at all of AR effect. I like Sony idea to play music with vibration of smartphone, these smalls things i love, about these things i'm talking. Sesitive sides is good, looks great, but i can't say wowo, it's not new something, my old record camer JVC have sensitive keys to navigate menu with magic blue lighs when i touching it, so for me sensitive sides is pretty thing, but not enought that i can say wow. So in XZ3 i did not saw nothing special. Maybe need time to know this model better, i don't know. Even strange looks for me 4GB RAM, memory only 64GB, when Huawei have 128 (i don't remember it have memory card slot or no, but memory 64 these days in high end flagship model looks little strange). I will say short, first opinion when i saw specification i siad to myself - the same XZ2 model with the same features. Maybe i missed something, and how you saying is good features in camera, but form Sony i wnat something new. I don't know what, but it must be something what don't have others. Maybe two screen in which one i can see movies in others i can read news, but wait Samsung have that, i'm right? As i siad i don't see these feature in Sony and this is little sadly. Sony is a great company and i like Japanese as people, but when others manufactors showing really really wow fetaures, the same i want from Sony... This is just my opinion. By the way i read that Sony want close mobile section this is true or fake news? As i know biggest money they getting from games section like PS4 selling, games and ect Slightly smiling Face

@z3c_user wrote:

It would be really nice if Sony would release a compact phone exactly like the xz3. I would probably buy even when i already have the xz2c. the xz3 is simply too big for me. but lets see when it comes in store and i can touch and test it.

Until i bought Xperia C5 Ultra Dual which also is 6 inch screen, i had Sony models with 4.7 or less screen. So my first touch in shop was with both hands a little bit shaking, coz i scared to drop it and ect. I looked really really strange i think. But when i bought it, i loved 6 inch screen and i think to bought only Sony models with 6 inch screen or something around it. Beleive me to play games, watch movies/youtube or to messaging is amazing thing with big screen. I loved this screen and i don't want to back to smallest. When i touching smallest screen i feeling strange, like i have in my hand smartphone for children. To use this big screen is big pleasure. I advise you just to try it, i'm sure you will love it Slightly smiling Face Just give a time to it and beleive me you will like it Slightly smiling Face I'm happy that Sony starting to release more and more around 6 inch screen models for these things i love Sony, they are amazing company Slightly smiling Face

Important: Don't forget to say THANK YOU and GIVE KUDOS for users which answered & helped you Remote

Message 54 of 65
Message 54 of 65

eh, I've tried using a big screen phone for a while and still prefer "medium-sized" or compact models. matter of preference.
Rookie
Message 55 of 65
Message 55 of 65

wrote:

SONY already support HDMI outport by displayport device.

Just buy an displayport device.

Can you substantiate this claim?  My XZ won't connect to either DisplayPort or HDMI devices.  Sony has specifically stated this is not possible in the forums and in the manual.  

Commissioner
Message 56 of 65
Message 56 of 65

@najodleglejszy wrote:
eh, I've tried using a big screen phone for a while and still prefer "medium-sized" or compact models. matter of preference.

That's good too, everybody have own needs. For this reason there are a lot of models with different sizes. Smallest screens aren't worse as big, i think it depends what will do with this smartphone owner and why him/her need it. Coz i like to play sometimes FIFA Mobile, some others games, to watch movies/tv shows or yotube, also to chat on Facebook and ect., on mobile, so i need bigger screen. Everbody know in biggest screen is biggest pleasure to do these things with all respect to smallest screen. But compact versions have some good things too: they you can put in pocket without problem, with big screen it's little hard to bring it in pocket, also sometime compact sizes looks better as big models (it's my opinion), but sometimes newest models looks great with big screen too at these days. At last manufactors learnt to make device big screen with compact look . Included my model which is old, but i still love it. for me it's look great. Offcourse sometime annoying laggy of it, coz have just 2GB ram, also after Marshmallow update became slowly and more laggy, but still doing great photos, still i can do the same things as read news, to watch movies and ect is still amazing thing to me and ect. As Super mid-range smartphone is still one of the best... for me... yhea yhea there are a lot of better by specifications, but there are less models at all which have flash light in secondary camera for profiles pictures Winking Face

Important: Don't forget to say THANK YOU and GIVE KUDOS for users which answered & helped you Remote

Forum Legend
Message 57 of 65
Message 57 of 65

Xz3 compact with dual lens motion eye technology... On 16:9 ratio  none of that skinny stuff.. 🧐

________________________________________________________________________________
The Man! The Myth! The Forum Legend! -Scott Sterling
One time poster
Message 58 of 65
Message 58 of 65

and no notch.. hahahaa!!!

Message 59 of 65
Message 59 of 65

@error_404

Personally, I think the notch is one of the silliest trends ever created in the mobile industry, and I'm actually glad that Sony did not implement this junk and followed the trend.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Commissioner
Message 60 of 65
Message 60 of 65

@error_404 wrote:

and no notch.. hahahaa!!!

I agree with Quester, some manufactors fixed notch problem which have Apple's smartphones, but still notch is not useful and practical i think. So i to contribute to the Quester opinion, Sony did good step without notch. Sometimes fashion tracking is not good idea at all and to have own style is the best thing. To be clone as mentioned Quester is silly idea at all Slightly smiling Face